Poppa's Tanks n Stuff

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its guaranteed arrival by 1030am. So hopefully not all day.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

You should just shoot video of the entire thing acclamation and all....It is a big day, kinda like the birth of a baby

Sent from my LGLS770 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Welllll..... My importer just called and said that my package hasn't left the airport yet! How high can life pile crap on me. Sheesh

Oh come on!!! Not with these

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

So fedex is tracing the package. They will be expoditing it as soon as located... Im about done with fish, man.

So fedex is tracing the package. They will be expoditing it as soon as located... Im about done with fish, man.

So are they in the US or overseas? If they're here it shouldn't be too bad as long as customs had soft hands today.

Sent from my LGLS770 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

He doesn't mean it.. dudes got beneficial bacteria flowing through his veins..

So according to shipper they are trying everything they can to locate the discus package. This is really frigging stupid. Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhb

Shoot man... i almost just swore.. so they're indoors anyways?

Sorry to hear this, especially with fish such as Discus but why are you all surprised? Just something to keep in mind: DECEMBER is about the worst month to ship anything due to the holidays. The shippers are usually overwhelmed with packages and they make mistakes, plenty of them too, even if they say they can handle it. My suggestion, don't ship or bring in in Late November through mid January if you can help it. If you must ship out in Jan- Feb, pay really close attention to the week's ahead's weather as well as the previous few days not just the day you expect to be transporting. Weather can cause planes to be delayed, transferred to other places and run behind schedule. Plus, if another plane's passenger's luggage plays a role due to cancellation, freight takes a back seat. The only thing that takes priority over luggage is a corpse. :whistle: It doesn't matter where in the flight the freight gets bumped either. It WILL be taken off the plane anywhere for a casket. (personal experience. :whistle: )

The rest, I will bite my lip with as I've already said it before. :whistle:;)

Oh man this sucks! I was so excited to come home early and log in & see the pictures. It's almost like getting kicked in the groin, and they aren't even my fish! Hang in there!

Sorry to hear this, especially with fish such as Discus but why are you all surprised? Just something to keep in mind: DECEMBER is about the worst month to ship anything due to the holidays. The shippers are usually overwhelmed with packages and they make mistakes, plenty of them too, even if they say they can handle it. My suggestion, don't ship or bring in in Late November through mid January if you can help it. If you must ship out in Jan- Feb, pay really close attention to the week's ahead's weather as well as the previous few days not just the day you expect to be transporting. Weather can cause planes to be delayed, transferred to other places and run behind schedule. Plus, if another plane's passenger's luggage plays a role due to cancellation, freight takes a back seat. The only thing that takes priority over luggage is a corpse. :whistle: It doesn't matter where in the flight the freight gets bumped either. It WILL be taken off the plane anywhere for a casket. (personal experience. :whistle: )

The rest, I will bite my lip with as I've already said it before. :whistle:;)

Im surprised because i paid through the nose to get guaranteed 24hr delivery.

Im surprised because i paid through the nose to get guaranteed 24hr delivery.

It doesn't mean "JACK" in Dec.:nono: The shipping company holds the key not the shipper. All the shipper can do is hope for the best. After that, it's out of their control. The shipping company has their priorities and livestock rarely is it. Listen, I did it for so many years. The companies I worked for used to close down during the last 2 weeks in Dec because it cost us more in delayed and dead fish than it did to stay open. And that was before "Black Fridays" and "Cyber Mondays" and Amazon shipments,etc. Now, it has to be worse.:eek: Winter time, Dec, Jan & Feb mostly, are high risk, low reward months for shippping. If the holidays don't get you, the weather will. :whistle: This is why I strongly suggest not shipping during this period. That's just my experience. Do with this information what you want. :whistle::blink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom