Poppa's Tanks n Stuff

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't mean "JACK" in Dec.:nono: The shipping company holds the key not the shipper. All the shipper can do is hope for the best. After that, it's out of their control. The shipping company has their priorities and livestock rarely is it. Listen, I did it for so many years. The companies I worked for used to close down during the last 2 weeks in Dec because it cost us more in delayed and dead fish than it did to stay open. And that was before "Black Fridays" and "Cyber Mondays" and Amazon shipments,etc. Now, it has to be worse.:eek: Winter time, Dec, Jan & Feb mostly, are high risk, low reward months for shippping. If the holidays don't get you, the weather will. :whistle: This is why I strongly suggest not shipping during this period. That's just my experience. Do with this information what you want. :whistle::blink:

I understand, andy. But i can not help When my bday is or that my family wanted to get me discus. Im tryin to stay positive, but man, someone keeps making my climb steeper and steeper.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Sounds like its time to start a shipping co. based solely on our common needs if it's even possible.. like I said before, shenanigans!

Sent from my HTC Desire 610 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I understand, andy. But i can not help When my bday is or that my family wanted to get me discus. Im tryin to stay positive, but man, someone keeps making my climb steeper and steeper.

I understand...I mean I REALLY understand ;) but that's when cooler heads need to step in and ask for a delayed present when things have a better chance of going right versus going wrong. That's what "Gift certificates" are for. ;) I can't tell you how many times I had to talk someone into one of those instead of the "present" the person wanted to give somebody. The best one was when a woman came in and insisted on buying close to $100.00 worth of marine fish for her boyfriend. I tried to talk her into a gift certificate and she insisted she wanted the fish and that her boyfriend's tank was saltwater. I made sure that even tho she couldn't tell me what was in the tank already, all the fish she took were compatible with each other. Turns out, he came back to the store to return the fish because he only had freshwater tanks. She didn't know and did the wrong thing. :whistle: Just another example of why they make Gift Certificates. ;)(y)

Just sayin' :whistle:;)

PS: I'm not trying to rub salt in the wound mind you. This whole thing sucks a big one. Hopefully, you have a good outcome be it a delayed outcome. Others may want to learn from this experience however and think twice before placing an order this time of year. (y)

The package is in kansas city. Its at the sorting center and set for morning delivery.... Lets hope.

The package is in kansas city. Its at the sorting center and set for morning delivery.... Lets hope.

Oh thank goodness. Pray for healthy fish, then as soon as you get them, get every last cent back from stupid fedex. I think they have to refund you if they're late...

Good morning peeps. Coffee time. And now.... the anxious waiting for the discus to arrive. Lets hope no one pee's in my cheerios this morning. Lol

Good luck!
Waiting with ya .
Cream and sugar ONLY please....

No secret ingredient? That's what makes it special :lol:

Crossing my fingers of you Poppa, was lurking here yesterday and was sad to hear that they didn't arrive yesterday. Can't wait to see pics of them! (y)

Soo... Sini n Miss G's angels are doing great. Eatin well and ready for a road trip.

Pisto paradise might be producing its first offspring. Yaaaay. The orange flash pair has spawned. The female is guarding wigglers in a cave like a pitbull guarding a bone.
The triple fire reds are paired off now. Hoping for the same out of them soon.

Tick tock tick tock..... Antic i pation is killing me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom