Poppa's Tanks n Stuff

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been record cold here and the record c snow fall here as well for the past two years and it's supposed to be new record cold and snowfall this year

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G800A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Well you should give it to us! We are having the opposite. This summer a lot of the reservoirs dried up here. There wasn't even enough water to grow our corn to maturity!

Fishobsessed7

Money Can't Buy Happiness, But It Can Buy Fish Which Is Pretty Much The Same Thing

What is this, Christmas in Spring??? Let's get some snow to make Christmas break longer!!

Poppa, sounds like a lot of discus! According to my calculations, that's 60 frisbees.....party at his house!

Not a hatchery but a hardcore hobbyist discus breeding wall maybe. Remember, the key word is ideas. I can do 3 strains of 10 as well.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I'm obviously no expert but I think it would be better to focus on less strains, since I know how much you try for quality, it might be better to get the best out of fewer strains?

Well... since I've bred them with success before, i wanted to play with a few crosses that i am aware of and understand the genetics behind. See if i can create what is being created by many from those crosses. So i can learn the genetics behind it a lil.

For example... I understand what strains to cross get eruptions. Takes time and ample selective breeding. Im going more for personal goals than money. I really have a passion for them.

After i can create a solid example of an eruption through crossing... I would then move to getting penang, face spotted, etc types of eruptions through other selective crossings to the eruptions.

I just saw the happy dance of all happy dance displays out of my checkerboard pigeon and blue diamond. Me thinks they needs some privacy. A nice 40b oughta do. Add that to tomorrows list.

Ey papa.. so my lfs has a whole tank of 2" pigeon bloods for $25/ea. Whatcha think... my gf went to the lfs for the 1st time last night and what fishies do you think she liked best:\

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

25$ is a decent price at 2". But i honestly suggest not getting them below 3", and not get them from an LFS. At 2" that discus could have a ton of issues that you cant see yet... Might not. 2" is a fragile size for frisbees.

25$ is a decent price at 2". But i honestly suggest not getting them below 3", and not get them from an LFS. At 2" that discus could have a ton of issues that you cant see yet... Might not. 2" is a fragile size for frisbees.

They get them from discus hans, it was a tempting scene... maybe I'll wait til you breed em up;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom