Poppa's Tanks n Stuff

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey poppa check these tanks out, they are going to be discus displays at lfs that is undergoing huge changes

Sent from my LGLS770 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Was that from the aquatic experience?

Fishobsessed7

Money Can't Buy Happiness, But It Can Buy Fish Which Is Pretty Much The Same Thing

Fishobsessed7

Money Can't Buy Happiness, But It Can Buy Fish Which Is Pretty Much The Same Thing

Yea it was! It was way cool too!!! I wasn't a fan of the in and out glass design but either way it was really cool to see.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Fishobsessed7

It's an old dump of a lfs called Sea world gardenland which is under new ownership and shaping up quick. I happened to catch the owner in the middle of a pricing freakout, someone labeled a lot of fairly common fish at over 100.00 a piece lol.

Hey poppa check these tanks out, they are going to be discus displays at lfs that is undergoing huge changes

Nice tanks. I saw these on yt from the aquatic experience in Chicago. Would be great to see them in a lfs.

Thanks guys... This will be a slower process than i realize for sure. But I am moving forward towards this goal. It would be small scale. Just a hobbyists corner i think.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Glad to see you know what's what.;)(y) Breeding fish for particulars is a slow process with it sometimes taking many generations to achieve. So while it's fun to set up stuff now, it's kinda useless until the fish are actually present and ready to sell. There may be years of "Duds" that are neither keepable or salable but you have to try. I applaud your determination Poppa(y) and hope that the others on this site take heart that nothing good in fish breeding comes quickly. Just an example: There was an article in TFH magazine many years ago that chronicled the creation of the "Pingu" (pink) guppy. The original fish had just 1 pink scale and the eventual fish had all pink scales. According to the article *, it took the creator 10 years to achieve that. So if you think Guppies breed fast, and it took 10 years for this strain to develop, you can imagine how Discus are going to be much slower to genetically create and perfect a strain.

But if anyone can do it, Poppa can!!! ;):brows:(y)(y)

*- The article starts " Ten years ago, Marine Biologist David Liebman had a small tailed fish with a single pink dot on the peduncle. Today, 62,280 test crosses later, he has created a matchless colored guppy strain. This new strain is called Pingu meaning Pink Guppy." An online version ( sans the pics from from the magazine) can be found here: Pingu – A Remarkable New Guppy Strain

Discus Dream...you're one stop shop to the best discus in the U.S.A

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

For all your swimming and throwing disc needs. Lol

Always liked PoppaRyno's Exotic Aquatics... Lol. Online store fears me... I want to so much, but i really am techtarded. This is really as far as it goes. And it was a big step.

Has a nice ring to it Ryno?

sit in silence...

Good morning AA!. A paid month off work and i still cant sleep in... Grrrrrrr

Would love to have that problem.....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Would love to have that problem.....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I feel like i earned it this year. 75+ hr weeks. It was like getting an extra months work outta me after firing the other chef. Lol

So last night i caught what i think was a peacocking dance between 2 of the sapphire ruby discus. I would be elated if 1 pair was already forming. Either way its a fantastic sign of their health, and virality.

Small update... The new breeding cones got in safe n sound. Soaked them for a bit, and in the discus pair tanks they went. By bedtime the leopard/yellow crystal discus pair had laid a large, neatly arranged, and fertilized batch of eggs! Plus the turquoise pair was cleaning their new cone. Im feeling good abt these changes ive made to help tighten the screws on this project.

Left foot.... Right foot. Left foot..... Right foot. And thats how Ryno makes tiny progress.

Awesome to hear!! I'm glad to hear the sapphires are showing good signs of health :) those are special fish

Sini's my personal bucket lugger..er, I mean husband

Good morning AA!. A paid month off work and i still cant sleep in... Grrrrrrr

At least your not part time working 25% more hours than the full timers (they are at 32 hours)! My boss always calls me in to work which is nice but i want a day off every now and then!)...my fishes need attention

At least your not part time working 25% more hours than the full timers (they are at 32 hours)! My boss always calls me in to work which is nice but i want a day off every now and then!)...my fishes need attention

Remember, its OK to say no. Sometimes you gotta come first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom