Poppa's Tanks n Stuff

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Beautiful fish. As for your mother's fish what wild type are the orange/brown ones with the blue face

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G800A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Those would be "common" brown discus, which just so happens to be my favorite type.

Sent from my LGLS770 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Moms got pics of her angels and setups. Im goin up to see her tomorrow. Ill see if i cant take some pics.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Got a nice surprise when i was moving GBR around. Looked over at the young turq discus pairs tank.... And

Not super happy with their choice of locations to lay eggs. But thats easily fixed. Turn it off. Let sponge do its job.

No. He's a tiger turquoise. These are just blue turquoise. Very young pair.

Wild type discus are my favorites!

Fishobsessed7

Money Can't Buy Happiness, But It Can Buy Fish Which Is Pretty Much The Same Thing

Old photos of my Moms discus. Had to take pics of pics. Lol

What, no heckles?? :ROFLMAO:

This is an excellent example of how selective breeding can create totally new fish. All these colored Discus of today have their origins mostly to fish that looked like these. Hard to believe eh? ;)

I love the Browns but I can't seem to find them for sale anywhere near me where shipping wouldn't be unbearable. I think they are awesome

It's amazing how photographs can survive , when you mentioned about posting your mom's pics, the first thing I thought of was wilds caught on film. How old are these pics? From the 60s or early 70s?
You can clearly see the difference in today's fish, color,shape,patterns, even fin types, like the high fins.
When we were kids my friend's older brother kept Angels and Discus in planted tanks , we were amazed to look at them each time, but as my memory serves those fish don't look at all like today's fish, so they were still a lot of wild in them then! [emoji6]

Looks like your in full breeding dude, its funny how fish can produce and outgrow you!!![emoji38] I'm thinking of more like hatchery for you man, I think Mr Andy would like to hear that for you , I would be very happy for you if that happens for you as well.

Keep up the good work MAN!!![emoji40]

Clem

It's amazing how photographs can survive , when you mentioned about posting your mom's pics, the first thing I thought of was wilds caught on film. How old are these pics? From the 60s or early 70s?
You can clearly see the difference in today's fish, color,shape,patterns, even fin types, like the high fins.
When we were kids my friend's older brother kept Angels and Discus in planted tanks , we were amazed to look at them each time, but as my memory serves those fish don't look at all like today's fish, so they were still a lot of wild in them then! [emoji6]

Looks like your in full breeding dude, its funny how fish can produce and outgrow you!!![emoji38] I'm thinking of more like hatchery for you man, I think Mr Andy would like to hear that for you , I would be very happy for you if that happens for you as well.

Keep up the good work MAN!!![emoji40]

Clem

Late 70s i think. I really was blessed to grow up around this hobby. My dad just asked me last night about installing a tank at work for him. He works in the district court.

Good grief I work a 6hr shift and don't check aa until the morning and I have a novel to catch up on here.
Way cool about the wild frisbees poppa!
You should install a little 5g nano shrimp tank and say you never said what size lol
Love the pictures of your discus!!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Lol, either that's the caffeine or your just in the Christmas spirit...or both. I don't drink coffee so I wouldn't know

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom