Poppa's Tanks n Stuff

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice little tank. Any livestock? Does your son enjoy fishkeeping?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Nope just a plant tank. He loves it. He raises fry for me in his room.... lol. Then when we sell whatever he's helped me raise he gets the money. His favorite so far are his pinoy blue angelfish group.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

He's learning to care for other living beings and lessons about money. Win-win situation

uploadfromtaptalk1445176945969.jpgHi Poppa, I hope you had a good supper last night to celebrate the win!!!
But I would like to comment on your tanks. The use of colors and plants, and the way you scape is amazing!
I'm just wondering what drives you to be this way man? I may have an answer to that, it affects me as well. The more I see and get to know people on here , I see we all have a perfectionist side to this, when it comes to creativity and style. Well , I know now that you are a Master Chef , and particular to details, but you have an Artist style quality about you that makes me want to mention this about you.
This must go into all the work you do, pure passion man!!! That's why people don't last most cases in this hobby, there must be a common bond or trait that gets us into aquatic life, I guess that's why the good ones start breeding when we figure out things. For me I've got three tanks, but there was a day in I was up to 8 tanks , when things were good for me, ended up selling them to move many years ago, due to a divorce. But I'm back on path, lovin it , and sharing with the good people on here, and Caleb's work is also is amazing too, and not to forget all the good people that share their stuff too!!! 

Well a little off topic , but I took some pics of my home town, on a cold fall morning, while I was having a cup of coffee.
Mississauga, Ontario. It's a different type of scape if you don't mind. I've lived here now over 40 years now and there was nothing built when I was a kid here growing up. View attachment 279355

Thanks Sky. That means a lot to hear. Ontario looks beautiful. Im drivin by something inside that says do it. Then says now do it better. Im just a guy who loves his hobby. This hobby has been great for me. I dont do much but work and disc golf. Being a single dad to a great son is pretty demanding. So i took to being around the house a lot. Which means i played w/ my tank. Which lead to another. This then lead to baby fish. Which lead to more tanks. Which lead to where im at now. I appreciate the artist compliment alot, because i do mot fancy myself art inclined... at all. I cant even draw a circle and have it be a complete circle. Or a straight line for that matter. I just kind of do what i want plant wise in my tanks, then adjust adjust adjust til its where I want it. Alot of folks here have really inspired alit of my new work. TT, Pitt, Coral, brooks, caleb, skel, Andy Sager, & many others. I really dig the commaradery here. It shows that even when we bicker we all get along, that's what friends do. Cheers to a great game 3 my friend. Hope all is well.

Thought I would post a pic of my favorite hole on one of my home disc golf courses. Im gettin a round in before the KC Chiefs game starts.

Its 640ft to the pin. down the hill, across the creek, through the woods and back up the hill into the trees on the other side of the creek. Finished with a birdie on it. Its a par 3. Oh yeah it only took 2 throws to get it in the chains.
"Today was a good day" - Ice Cube.

There is quite the disc golf course by me called Lemon Lake. Only issue is the playground and course are right on top of each other and then you have to walk through to go fishing.
I mean this in the best way possible but you had me laughing all day yesterday when I messaged you about the RAOK I found and you weren't sure about navigating another site. You breed these amazing holy grail of fish and k ow their behaviors and whatnot. It's all down to priorities. Fish husbandry is more important than surfing with the smart phone and that's fine but don't think you can't do it.

Thanks Sky. That means a lot to hear. Ontario looks beautiful. Im drivin by something inside that says do it. Then says now do it better. Im just a guy who loves his hobby. This hobby has been great for me. I dont do much but work and disc golf. Being a single dad to a great son is pretty demanding. So i took to being around the house a lot. Which means i played w/ my tank. Which lead to another. This then lead to baby fish. Which lead to more tanks. Which lead to where im at now. I appreciate the artist compliment alot, because i do mot fancy myself art inclined... at all. I cant even draw a circle and have it be a complete circle. Or a straight line for that matter. I just kind of do what i want plant wise in my tanks, then adjust adjust adjust til its where I want it. Alot of folks here have really inspired alit of my new work. TT, Pitt, Coral, brooks, caleb, skel, Andy Sager, & many others. I really dig the commaradery here. It shows that even when we bicker we all get along, that's what friends do. Cheers to a great game 3 my friend. Hope all is well.

As for the names of the members that you've mentioned , I feel the same way about them , that's why I stuck around this site on AA [emoji6]

I like your golf course pic, and by the way "BIG DADDY" , you are a great role model for your son , and others!!![emoji106]

I'm a 49ners' fan by the way , NFL RULES !!! and I don't mind the Chiefs either [emoji6] you and your son have a great day bro !!!

Clem.

Hey Poppa, it looks like I've arrived fashionably late to the party. You've got some nice looking tanks. Good job!

Nice win by the Royals yesterday. Johnny C pitches the next game...hopefully he can lead the Royals to victory.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

New batch of GBRS eggs. Going to hatch these artificially. As i was leaving for work at 6 this morning. I noticed the EBR male & GBR female making passes on a dish. Hopefully when i get home they'll have a nice set of fertilized eggs for me. Also the pinoy blue angels have hatched another set of eggs. Im letting them parent raise these. Which has been fairly successful the last 2 times. Looks like a new pair has formed with my black lace veil angels... been waiting for that.

New batch of GBRS eggs. Going to hatch these artificially. As i was leaving for work at 6 this morning. I noticed the EBR male & GBR female making passes on a dish. Hopefully when i get home they'll have a nice set of fertilized eggs for me. Also the pinoy blue angels have hatched another set of eggs. Im letting them parent raise these. Which has been fairly successful the last 2 times. Looks like a new pair has formed with my black lace veil angels... been waiting for that.

Nice to here that man![emoji40]

Clem.

Thanks man :)

Maybe one day I can snag some of your Frisbees ;)

How do you do it??? :confused: Having 3 planted tanks at one point nearly drove me insane! I had to downsize they are a lot of work if you get into it.

Caleb

Thanks man :)

Maybe one day I can snag some of your Frisbees ;)

How do you do it??? :confused: Having 3 planted tanks at one point nearly drove me insane! I had to downsize they are a lot of work if you get into it.

Caleb

3 is tough no doubt... Try 6(2high-tech, 1 medium & 3 low).
6 out 7 days a week involves time with each individual tank,exhausting sometimes but I love the hobby!

sit in silence...

Ive got abt a dozen planted tanks. And many others with Africans & no plants or bare bottom grow out tanks.

Got the new females in today from the RamBandito abt half hour ago. Opened the well packaged box to find 4 female GBRs. They were warm and happy as they could be.... getting shipped anyways. Lol. Also got my blyxa from b_Carl yesterday. Which was greatly packaged and arrived swiftly. Looks great as well. Last but not least, a package from fishenthusiast of DHG and limno aromatica arrived today. It was packaged very well and looks good as could be. Thanks to each of you. Im very pleased with everything. Looks like ill have plenty to play with tonight after the royals punch their ticket to the World Series.... i say with high hopes.

I just wanna add that apprx 50 large blyxa plants is an awsome box to receive. Goin for the 4ft long, winding blyxa hedge.

I just wanna add that apprx 50 large blyxa plants is an awsome box to receive. Goin for the 4ft long, winding blyxa hedge.

Post a pic once you've gotten them planted busta!

sit in silence...

Im struggling with pics. My phones jacked up. It will only start in safe mode. Which means photobucket won't upload my pics to the inturwebs (because safe mode won't allow it to connect to WiFi.). And unfortunately my crappy phone cam is all i got.

Beautiful

Those are some beautiful fish and the plants...WOW! I wish I had half the setup you do! I'm slowly building up my 55. Beautiful!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom