Poppa's Tanks n Stuff

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Muuuwahhh bad juju muuwahhhh

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Be careful using language like that. You could bring on some bad joojoo that way. ;) :ROFLMAO: :whistle:
I really considered this but 4 years....:whistle:
I have a large(hagen 900) powerhead in each filter with a hose so I can "back wash" in the sump and blow any bubbles that do get stuck in my 2" pvc overflows(waterbridge/syphons) right through.
Doing this without fail for a long time in the beginning I can say that the 180tank never needs it and the 75 only once every month or two.
The 75 water bridges twice into adjoining 29gs.
99907-albums14345-picture69018.jpg

Clear to see the two large syphons on opposite ends of the 29s.
And the braided hose that would flow from hagen 900 from last to first section of sump.
You can easily note slow flow reduction in any tube even though they are not clear by the increased water level in the previous section...

Dang..... You engineers make all this look & sound so easy.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Just invite them over to set this up and pay them with fish. 1 angel fish baby, 1 ram juvie, and 1 dinner playe juvie per how ever may houes you decide would get them running I think :ROFLMAO:

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

It is. :D I have my PhD from the "University of Jimmy Rigging" with a minor degree from the School of "Try it. If it doesn't work, try something else." All those years of schooling eventually pays off. :brows:(y)

Ahh.... The ivy league! Ya see... I come from the school of punch, kick, and submit it til it does what you want. Lol

Ahh.... The ivy league! Ya see... I come from the school of punch, kick, and submit it til it does what you want. Lol

That doesn't always work however, I did get water to gravity feed UPHILL:eek: so I guess anything IS possible. :brows:(y)

I really considered this but 4 years....:whistle:
I have a large(hagen 900) powerhead in each filter with a hose so I can "back wash" in the sump and blow any bubbles that do get stuck in my 2" pvc overflows(waterbridge/syphons) right through.
Doing this without fail for a long time in the beginning I can say that the 180tank never needs it and the 75 only once every month or two.
The 75 water bridges twice into adjoining 29gs.
99907-albums14345-picture69018.jpg

Clear to see the two large syphons on opposite ends of the 29s.
And the braided hose that would flow from hagen 900 from last to first section of sump.
You can easily note slow flow reduction in any tube even though they are not clear by the increased water level in the previous section...
Great looking set up CB !!!!
I'm thinking to do this type of a set up with multi tanks one day too, when I move and do my fish room.[emoji39]

Clem

If it doesn't work, smack it. If it still doesn't work, hit it with a hammer. If it STILL doesn't work, get a bigger hammer.

Sent from my LGLS770 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

So the domain is paid for 2 yrs.
State & fed tax ID is being acquired.
This is becoming a reality.....

If it doesn't work, smack it. If it still doesn't work, hit it with a hammer. If it STILL doesn't work, get a bigger hammer.

Sent from my LGLS770 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Its what worked when i interegated people in psy ops... Lol

Yo Poppa, got pics of all your your hillstreams? I can sex them....

I believe the one you posted a pic of already is male, but the best way to tell is a pic from the front/side... if there are raised sort of bumps on the front of the pectoral fin it's male. Can't tell from the overhead.

Yeah, too bad you don't know any engineers in the area, who are also fish nerds. That would be way too convenient. [emoji12][emoji106]

Omg I'm behind! Great pistos! I love the orange tails. Hope your stay in the hospital wasn't too sucky, since they never don't suck. I can't wait until reveal day! I'll probably be late to the party but this is so great that you're living the dream. Feel better!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom