Poppa's Tanks n Stuff

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Me too... Im trying to baby this hatch. As ive talked to many breeders and none have done a turq/pigeon. Interested to see the markings.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

You guys will be what makes it a success not me.... Ive even been toying with the idea of a breeders network there. Breeder bios, and help promote & sell there stuff.... Like you sini & cb & andy etc... Give guys & gals like us a HOME. Not just a place.

If there is a new forum I would like to be known as "columnaris kid"!
:nono:

Hmm..what if you had care sheets or breeding guides on the site too?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Care sheets... Maybe
Breeding guides... No

I think we all have shared more breeding info here than most fish breeders do even to their best friends. :whistle: Breeding fish is an art and if everybody can do it as well as we do, there would be no money in doing it. :nono: Be grateful for what you get and you need to do what we all did: Trial and error. ;) We've given you the basics. That's more than most of us have gotten and enough to get you started. (y)

I think we all have shared more breeding info here than most fish breeders do even to their best friends. :whistle: Breeding fish is an art and if everybody can do it as well as we do, there would be no money in doing it. :nono: Be grateful for what you get and you need to do what we all did: Trial and error. ;) We've given you the basics. That's more than most of us have gotten and enough to get you started. (y)

I mostly agree and understand but it's good to also remember that if no one shares their information then it's hard to advance the process. I really appreciate the information (y)

We'll see what gets to what stage..... But i think they all hatched.

Im not sure ive ever had this high of a hatch rate. Im almost giddy. But i gotta rescape my 40L.... Just cant stop looking.

I mostly agree and understand but it's good to also remember that if no one shares their information then it's hard to advance the process. I really appreciate the information (y)

The first people who bred fish didn't have anyone to learn from yet they succeeded so the hobby can still advance without us giving cheat sheets. :brows: This is after all, still a business and giving away all your secrets is not good for business. :whistle: That said, for those who want to learn and put in the time, there are mentors ( such as myself) that are willing to work with you. But that doesn't mean it's easy or even free. I've had to pay for every mentor I have had for everything except fish breeding because it was a family friend I learned from. Since then, I've NEVER had anyone offer to help me breed for free. :nono:

Thank you for explaining that, andy. I was trying to figure out how to say it.

The first people who bred fish didn't have anyone to learn from yet they succeeded so the hobby can still advance without us giving cheat sheets. :brows: This is after all, still a business and giving away all your secrets is not good for business. :whistle: That said, for those who want to learn and put in the time, there are mentors ( such as myself) that are willing to work with you. But that doesn't mean it's easy or even free. I've had to pay for every mentor I have had for everything except fish breeding because it was a family friend I learned from. Since then, I've NEVER had anyone offer to help me breed for free. :nono:

That's right Colonel Sanders didn't build an empire by giving up the 7 herbs and spices.....

Sent from my LGLS770 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom