Poppa's Tanks n Stuff

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe the fish god is truly nothing short of George Burns with a drink & cigar... Laughing at us all the way.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I believe the fish god is truly nothing short of George Burns with a drink & cigar... Laughing at us all the way.

But karma is a ...
I like drinks and cigars...
Hmmmmm?

Why do you think I came onto this site and have been offering advice? I'm sure SOMETHING in my past has to be reversed. :brows::whistle: :lol:(y)

I have a 2 reef guys that do 20 & 40 ft frag tables.... And fish. So id like to say can do. Id also like to say i could try and special order lits of stuff... But im trying to keep it breeder/hobbyist sourced.

Takes a lil longer sometimes. But the quality is usually top notch.

I have a 2 reef guys that do 20 & 40 ft frag tables.... And fish. So id like to say can do. Id also like to say i could try and special order lits of stuff... But im trying to keep it breeder/hobbyist sourced.

Ok, my lfs has a hard time gettin female flasher wrasses in and I didn't know if you had access to them.

I'll start with this.... I agree with goldfish as adaptable fish. My koi and goldfish thrive here in my pond which gets waaaaarm mid summers. No issues. As far as what he's saying abt keeping with discus.... Interesting, very interesting. I like the idea of waste conversion to food. But i also don't see the need for "tankmates" with breeding discus. But i get his line of thinking.

Poppa, what do you think of this? I'm not so sure about it...

http://youtu.be/Jq7_nXFvVos

Fishobsessed7

Money Can't Buy Happiness, But It Can Buy Fish Which Is Pretty Much The Same Thing

Wow!
whwat........?
For real...?
I just used 'canary in a coalmine' analogy today...
I really thought my example of it was rough???
Even if they could be kept together do we really think the gold fish is the indicator fish???
Wow!

I Ike it.. makes sense..kind of like silver dollars are good with oscars because they eat their poo too.. all about the poo eaters huh?? Why would you want a dooper trooper in your discus tank?!?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

It's like the massive waste production of a goldfish doesn't even exist! Sorry but that just seems horrible to me. Poop is not a healthy goldfish diet. May as well keep common plecos with your discus if you want to make more waste

But then I'm neither a goldfish expert nor a discus expert so.... What do I know?

I Ike it.. makes sense..kind of like silver dollars are good with oscars because they eat their poo too.. all about the poo eaters huh?? Why would you want a dooper trooper in your discus tank?!?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I hate that SDs have that rep. Oscars are primarily carnivorous (90% animal and insect protein but will eat nuts and fruits in the wild) so they don't digest plant/algae fodder as well which means there's still nutrients available from that stuff in their waste. It's not that SDs eat poo for fun, they're actually utilizing what's left over. And because they're consistent grazers they'll just swim by and swoop it up. If oscars and SDs have a balanced diet that simulates natural conditions there isn't a need to "eat" poo.
Anyway, end rant.

Here's the betta cube, I've never planted hair grass before, lets see what happens? My son helped me with the stand from some left over lumber. By the way I couldn't find a BUDDA statue that I liked ,so its just for fun. I bought some baby albino dwarf African frogs to put in there something different to look at, my betta will have some play mates until they grow too big.[emoji12]
The tank is still in cycle , just finished up planting it , here it is ....sorry if the pics suck.

Clem

uploadfromtaptalk1452481409455.jpguploadfromtaptalk1452481426875.jpguploadfromtaptalk1452481466487.jpguploadfromtaptalk1452481502859.jpg

Nice work, clem. Looks great.... Stand turned out fine man. Scrap lumber is the best cause its free... Lol. Your collection is growing.

I'll post when I finish up, with pics.
Thanks man, yea its growing that's for sure[emoji39] , just moving my stock around now making room them as they grow out.

Clem

Poppa, what do you think of this? I'm not so sure about it...

http://youtu.be/Jq7_nXFvVos

Fishobsessed7

Money Can't Buy Happiness, But It Can Buy Fish Which Is Pretty Much The Same Thing

There's also a very big hint about keeping discus in that video..... He doesn't offer the info directly, but its in the sub linings.

"Big Guy" is up, cycled, & getting slowly stocked. Yaaaay

As mentioned earlier the young turq's have spawned again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom