popping noises

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MatthewM

Aquarium Advice Activist
I just did a huge water change on my 125 and filled it all the way to the brim which i normally don't do! I heard something popping a few times later but don't know if it was one of my fish our what could the piping noises come from the tank being over filled?

Filling a tank to the brim is not over-filling, its just filled. I don't know of anything that would cause that. What kind of equipment is in the tank? Is anything covered that normally isn't? How high do you normally fill it? I know that one of my heaters makes a noise like that when its heating.

It could be a number of things. Your tank, stand, or floor could be adjusting to the weight.

Your heater could have reacted to the new water if it wasn't the right temperature. A popping heater could be a sign of a leak or an isssue with it, that happened to me and I needed a new one. Sometimes they just do that, nothing wrong. Try moving it in the suction cup holds (sliding it up or down) and seeing if that stops. Also had that issue, air bubbles got caught between the heater and rubber holds and when it released it popped.

I'm actually thinking its normal noises that have always been there now but i hasn't heard them before because i usually fill to about 80% and my filters trickle made noise that currently isn't there

Back
Top Bottom