Population

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lola

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello, in my 75L aquarium I have two male guppies (I will add 2 more this week) and I was wondering if there are fish that live in schools and that are suitable for my aquarium: 75L (20 gallons) , heated water, pH 7.6 some plants, rocks and root. If no school fish can live in my aquarium, how many male guppies do you think I can have without having a very crowded aquarium because I am just starting out. Thank you so much. :)

My tank is 61.4 cm L x 32.2 cm W x 41.9 cm H (24" L x 12.5" W x 16.5" H)

Rummy nose tetras are cool schooling fish in a group of 6 or 8. Small and fun to watch. I have a pretty large school in my discus tank also with 2 angels and they all leave each other alone. And they school nicely

Thank you for your answers. I will probably go for 6-8 rummy nose tetras :). Also, do you think it's ok if i only buy another guppy or they might get stressed? They would then be three males.

I don't have guppies but it seems the rule of thumb is about 1 guppy per gallon or two? I'd go around 15 to start. Personally, I would have more but that's me. It would be cool to watch a tank with a nice guppy population... now I want one! Keep in mind good filtering, water changes and do not overfeed.

Thank you for your answer. My filter is a Marina slim filter s20. My filter media are sponges (x2), ceramic and seachem biomax. Do you think is a good filter?

I've personally never used a marina filter, but they get good reviews. I'm sure it works fine. Sounds like you have it loaded good. I use all that same stuff in my canisters. I like bio-max alot

Back
Top Bottom