Possible 125 gallon build! Suggestions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

adeebm

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I found a 125 gallon tank on CL for $50, which I might be picking up this week. It's cheap because it needs resealing and a stand. I might get lazy and it into a giant hermit crab tank instead of resealing. But assuming I don't, what should I put in it? I'm super excited, since my biggest so far is 55g. I don't want something heavy on maintenance like a discus tank. African cichlids is a possibility, though they are a bit cliche :p

Anyway, suggestions appreciated!

--Adeeb

Well in my personal opinion I would turn it into a saltwater, because I'm dying to have one. BUT if freshwater is what you're wanting you could do a craaazy Tanganyikan shell dweller tank. Those guys are fun to watch.

That's a nice find! Too bad CL is banned in Canada. For a 125 that's something to ponder. You could look into bgk's, or maybe a ( shark) tank ya know, something out if the ordinary. If I think of anything or see anything at the lfs tomorrow I'll reply again.

I was thinking saltwater, but there's no way I can shell out for 125 pounds of LR right now lol.

--Adeeb

Well, get 100 pounds of dead rock and 25 pounds of live! Not ideal, but it would work. Plus the rock is the least of you're worries, money wise. :(

Ya I heard salt water tanks are about as costly as a divorce. But would be cool to see a nice salt water tank with black sand and a lot of colorful fish. Definitely could be a wow factor over time

Yeah I'd say my boyfriend wishes I had a cheaper hobby...
A 125 would make a pretty angel tank, or discus. Really I don't think you could go wrong.

Lol my fiancé told me as ling as u make sure we got everything ready for the baby on the way she won't ruin my hobby :D. Plus she said I can look at redoing a bigger tank or upgrading. So win win

I've got a 125 saltwater and I absolutely love it.
If you want to do something different, a brackish tank of that size would be really cool. I'd love to do something like that someday.

Back
Top Bottom