Possible ten gallon!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bigfuzzymonster777

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok, here is my budget:

Tank: 10 bucks
Hood: 20 dollars
Sponge filter: $15
Fish: $20
Gravel: $20
Food: 10 bucks
Decorative crap: 5 dollars

Total= 100 dollars

Don't worry; I am using the dollar per gallon sale for the tank. Any stocking ideas that don't NEED a heater? Please reply soon, I don't want to miss the sale!

Shrimp and most native fish (least killies are awesome) are the only things I can think of off the top of my head.

Ok, here is my budget:

Tank: 10 bucks
Hood: 20 dollars
Sponge filter: $15
Fish: $20
Gravel: $20
Food: 10 bucks
Decorative crap: 5 dollars

Total= 100 dollars

Don't worry; I am using the dollar per gallon sale for the tank. Any stocking ideas that don't NEED a heater? Please reply soon, I don't want to miss the sale!

Most/some danios don't need a heater :)

Shrimp? I mean there are yellow, red, blue, green, red and white, black and white, orange, and a bunch more that I can't think of. There are also CPO (dwarf orange crays) that would be great!

If you keep your house around 72* I would say chili rasboras would be a go too.

No live rock but there are live plants. :)

I'd say just pick up a heater and you'll have tons more options for stocking.

Um, not really. There is other people's filter media, but besides that there is nothing that "speeds up" the cycling process.

Also, if you switched the gravel to sand (get play sand or pool filter sand) you'd save about $15, which could get you a heater: Amazon.com: Aquatop GH100 Aquarium Submersible Glass Heater, 100-Watt: Pet Supplies (I have this one and it's amazing- IMO) which would open up a bunch of other options for you:) Besides that I'm not sure of many other small, non tropical fish.

I guess that there are pygmy sunfish as well, but they can be hard to find (check aquabid, there aren't any there now but in the future), picky eaters and they require a fairly planted tank. They're gorgeous and if I had the room I'd get them;) Cool little fishies they are!

But now, with a SW tank, my dad says I should use it for something else. ????????????What would I put in it (if not fish, maybe amphibians.)

I'd say check craigslist before you buy. You can find awesome deals. I've bought (almost) all my tanks that way. I just picked up a 37 gallon, with glass top, light, HOB filter, heater, and some ugly gravel (That I'm replacing with sand) for just $55.00

Any other advice? I am a TOTAL newbie with FW. I set up a wanting heater thread. Wonder why my aquarium kit didn't come with a heater. They should...

Back
Top Bottom