Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-06-2006, 12:48 AM   #21
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
125 gal 6'x 18"
I thought 6x18 was 100gal?

Labidochromis caeruleus
Cynotilapia afra 'Cobue'
Pseudotropheus acei 'Msuli Point'
Aulunocara stuartgranti 'chipoka'
Labidochromis freibergi
Oreochromis mossambicus
Etroplus suratensis
DeFeKt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 07:31 AM   #22
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to Wizzard~Of~Ozz
6' x 18 x 22 is a 125Gal.

Interesting idea.

Old 04-06-2006, 09:19 AM   #23
Aquarium Advice Freak

I have seen this very idea used to cool an inground pool. The owner liked to be refreshed when swiming he kept his pool temps rite around 70. But he only had partial flow going to the underground pipe. Its funny the same thing cgcarver is dreaming about me and my dad have been contomplating but for him to do it would be much easier than cg as my dads house was built in the early 1800s and is gravity spring fed for water. The temp is aconstant 54 deg. at least i think that was the temp its rite around there and the flow into his basement is about 5 gal a min but we wanted to do brook trout as they are redily avail in the stream that runs past his house. But if we do it I would like to go acrilic (a little more forgiving in lower temps) and go atleast an 8' tank but the price is the barrier if I come up with an extra $2000 somewere it will happen.
Old 04-06-2006, 11:04 AM   #24
Aquarium Advice Newbie

I tried a large mouth bass in a 75 gallon tank. The bass was 4-6 inches in length. I just wanted to observe it's behavior and let it go after a couple of weeks. However, after 4 days of not eating and just hanging around a rock formation I decided it was best to let it go. Mostly the not eating thing had me worried.
We all seen the tanks at various places but it would take a lot of work and preperation.
Old 04-06-2006, 05:28 PM   #25
Moderator Emeritus

This is an interesting discussion, but let's not forget that local ordinances may prevent the keeping of these fish in a home aquarium.

Menagerie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trout

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com