Post your tank pics and rate them =)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

grimlock3000

Aquarium Advice Addict
26g3.jpg

6.5 out of 10. I am still not entirely happy with the combination of fake plants and moss, but I got it looking decent and the new Platys really bring out the colors. I am having some trouble preventing dead spots on the bottom of the tank with the filters I have. I need to experiment a bit with the placement of the canister intake and spray bar.

neon.jpg

4 out of 10 :( I really want a black background and different plants for this tank, however my wife likes the setup that is currently in there. Also, I am not very happy with the 5500K bulb, it makes everything look really green. I want to try a 6700K or 6800K bulb as soon as I find one locally. The filter setup in this tank does work really well though. There is hardly any waste in the gravel.

Are those plants real or fakes? If you are going with fakes, may I suggest buying "giant" ones for the upper tank. I can't remember the company that makes them, but they look very natural and add a little extra to the tank.

LOL. Yeah, I didn't initially intend for it to look like that but I started out with play sand as the substrate and then got the plain blue background... kinda looked like a beach so I picked up those palm trees and the rock and cave... kinda weird for freshwater fish, I suppose... but it's different so I kinda like it for the time being. :D

no imo i never expected a tropical paradise. 8P. none of us would want to offend you if we did im offering a group apology.

I'm Sorry. :cry:

just giving you some ideas for ur tank :). when i changed to sand in my 5 gallon my mom called it a desert oasis 8P. it happens to the best :)

img_193928_0_14895fb1653304a58bb0060e7bd6fc30.jpg

Herm...I'd give mine a 7 out of ten. I wish I had a few more plants, and the heater, filter, and excess airline tubing were better covered, but it's easy to clean, so I'm contented.

What does everyone else think?

((NOTE: I apologize for the massive size of this picture...I spent half an hour trying to minimize it!!

hha - i like the idea of theme tanks westward! looks very serene!

heres mine (i hope :? ) i'd give a 6/10 - i wanna sneak out those greek buildings one day when my family aren't looking, and have a few more driftwood pieces, and maybe some slate constructions

oh and get the greenery looking a bit more lush! :D

Menagerie said:
Where's the fish?

That picture is about 3 weeks old... it was before I added my most recent fish. At the time, I had giant danios, swordtails and gouramis, all of which look tiny in the 75g. :)

By the way, thanks krap101... You didn't have to apologize. I've been worried ever since setting my tank up that it might look a little ridiculous for a freshwater tank so I wasn't sure how to take everyone's earlier feedback. :D

Back
Top Bottom