Pot Bellied Molly or Platy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Davies97

Aquarium Advice Freak
I want to breed a Pot Bellied Molly or Platy but I cannot pick. All the members of my tank are ok because I have Guppies, Cories, Neon Tetras, Pleco and Kuhuli Loaches

Personally, I would do the platies. Remember, pot bellied or balloon mollies are essentially bred for a deformity so I would imagine there would be more issues than are typical for breeding livebearers.

Absolutely the platties. Balloon mollies are quite gruesome. Breeding them is wrong IMO.

I would also go with the platys! ^_^ they are pretty and I love to breed them quite fun!

The thing is I dont like random spots or specels on the fish like dalmation. I like my fish just one plain color with maybe different colour tail or fins like red wag. But I like the sunburst platy because the two colours fade into each other which i like

Davies97 said:
The thing is I dont like random spots or specels on the fish like dalmation. I like my fish just one plain color with maybe different colour tail or fins like red wag. But I like the sunburst platy because the two colours fade into each other which i like

I got some red wag and they are pretty cool. I got something that look like a sunburst it's called sunset fire wag Platy it looks like 2 colors mixed.

Yes we call them sunburst in the uk you call them sunset

Davies97 said:
Yes we call them sunburst in the uk you call them sunset

Oh but on Petsmarts website they call them sunburst also I think petco too (chain stores) on their website. I thought I just had a fish like that! :D never knew!

I have seen Platies/Mollies get along with Guppies but don't worry if that happens I will sell my Guppies

I have a pair of the sunset platies. Unfortunately the male shows not an ounce of interest in the female.

Back
Top Bottom