Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 01-19-2021, 12:59 PM   #81
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
charliebankston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Texas Gulf coast
Posts: 2,016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Overfilter View Post
You've got a bullet-proof excuse for a gas generator, Charlie.
Haha! No kidding! It's on my list for this year, so we'll see

__________________
charliebankston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 01:47 PM   #82
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
Mr. Overfilter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: Illinois
Posts: 270
Quote:
Originally Posted by charliebankston View Post
Haha! No kidding! It's on my list for this year, so we'll see
Choose well Charlie, because I can use your experiences as my own excuse for an over-powered generator. That's one of the best aspect's of being married as long as I have. You learn how to manipulate your partner in ways that they like and are fun.
__________________
Mr. Overfilter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 03:54 PM   #83
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
charliebankston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Texas Gulf coast
Posts: 2,016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Overfilter View Post
Choose well Charlie, because I can use your experiences as my own excuse for an over-powered generator. That's one of the best aspect's of being married as long as I have. You learn how to manipulate your partner in ways that they like and are fun.
Haha! Actually after she got her discus last year, it was her idea to get a gen. Esp after we came thru this last hurricane season unscathed
__________________
charliebankston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 05:15 PM   #84
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
Mr. Overfilter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: Illinois
Posts: 270
Quote:
Originally Posted by charliebankston View Post
Haha! Actually after she got her discus last year, it was her idea to get a gen. Esp after we came thru this last hurricane season unscathed
Geez, I forgot that there are some downsides to staying in the Lone Star state. I suspect that a hurricane can be just as bad, or worse, than a visit from a polar vortex. I don't know if your experiences are similar to mine, but when my wife jumps electronic utilitarian on me it's always a surprise.
__________________
Mr. Overfilter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 08:19 PM   #85
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
charliebankston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Texas Gulf coast
Posts: 2,016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Overfilter View Post
Geez, I forgot that there are some downsides to staying in the Lone Star state. I suspect that a hurricane can be just as bad, or worse, than a visit from a polar vortex. I don't know if your experiences are similar to mine, but when my wife jumps electronic utilitarian on me it's always a surprise.
Haha! She prob wouldn't care if we didn't have a small fortune tied up in fish, lol. We lucked out this year, those poor folks in Louisiana were not so lucky
__________________
charliebankston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 09:20 PM   #86
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
Mr. Overfilter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: Illinois
Posts: 270
Quote:
Originally Posted by charliebankston View Post
Haha! She prob wouldn't care if we didn't have a small fortune tied up in fish, lol. We lucked out this year, those poor folks in Louisiana were not so lucky
My wife doesn't volunteer opinons on those sorts of situations without some severe motivation, either. The misses sees herself as the family expert on computer power supplies. It's really cute. So, are hurricanes as bad as they seem? My only experience with them is either TV or documentaries.
__________________
Mr. Overfilter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 10:19 PM   #87
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
charliebankston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Texas Gulf coast
Posts: 2,016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Overfilter View Post
My wife doesn't volunteer opinons on those sorts of situations without some severe motivation, either. The misses sees herself as the family expert on computer power supplies. It's really cute. So, are hurricanes as bad as they seem? My only experience with them is either TV or documentaries.
Haha! Ya gotta let them win some battles and be the boss of something. And yeah, they're pretty scary. Between the flooding and tornadoes they spawn, I recommend anyone near the path to boogie out of the area, haha!
__________________
charliebankston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 10:23 PM   #88
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
charliebankston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Texas Gulf coast
Posts: 2,016
I was in high school when Hurricane Alicia hit our area, and we stayed because my dad had to work. It was only a Cat 2, but I decided I'd never stay for another one. Ike hit Galveston and I took my mom and we left, I wasn't married then. We left a few years ago during Harvey, and our house escaped damage, but alot of friends and colleagues got heavy flooding. We couldn't come home for over a week, lived in a best Western, before they declared the area was safe from flooding and the water wasn't contaminated
__________________
charliebankston is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bio

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Home made bio filter media dan198811 General Hardware/Equipment Discussion 0 10-15-2012 01:02 PM
Where do I find pot scrubbies and cheap substrate? chinoanoah Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion 1 08-27-2009 08:51 PM
to pot or not to pot nitrous Freshwater & Brackish - Planted Tanks 4 12-30-2005 12:54 PM
Home Sweet Home! DIY Cave... Aquarian DIY Projects 26 03-30-2005 04:46 PM
What type of flower pot coral? Hara Saltwater Reef Aquaria 4 11-20-2002 12:43 AM







» Photo Contest Winners







All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:07 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.