Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-19-2021, 12:59 PM   #81
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Overfilter View Post
You've got a bullet-proof excuse for a gas generator, Charlie.
Haha! No kidding! It's on my list for this year, so we'll see

Old 01-19-2021, 01:47 PM   #82
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliebankston View Post
Haha! No kidding! It's on my list for this year, so we'll see
Choose well Charlie, because I can use your experiences as my own excuse for an over-powered generator. That's one of the best aspect's of being married as long as I have. You learn how to manipulate your partner in ways that they like and are fun.
Old 01-19-2021, 03:54 PM   #83
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Choose well Charlie, because I can use your experiences as my own excuse for an over-powered generator. That's one of the best aspect's of being married as long as I have. You learn how to manipulate your partner in ways that they like and are fun.
Haha! Actually after she got her discus last year, it was her idea to get a gen. Esp after we came thru this last hurricane season unscathed
Old 01-19-2021, 05:15 PM   #84
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Haha! Actually after she got her discus last year, it was her idea to get a gen. Esp after we came thru this last hurricane season unscathed
Geez, I forgot that there are some downsides to staying in the Lone Star state. I suspect that a hurricane can be just as bad, or worse, than a visit from a polar vortex. I don't know if your experiences are similar to mine, but when my wife jumps electronic utilitarian on me it's always a surprise.
Old 01-19-2021, 08:19 PM   #85
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Geez, I forgot that there are some downsides to staying in the Lone Star state. I suspect that a hurricane can be just as bad, or worse, than a visit from a polar vortex. I don't know if your experiences are similar to mine, but when my wife jumps electronic utilitarian on me it's always a surprise.
Haha! She prob wouldn't care if we didn't have a small fortune tied up in fish, lol. We lucked out this year, those poor folks in Louisiana were not so lucky
Old 01-19-2021, 09:20 PM   #86
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Haha! She prob wouldn't care if we didn't have a small fortune tied up in fish, lol. We lucked out this year, those poor folks in Louisiana were not so lucky
My wife doesn't volunteer opinons on those sorts of situations without some severe motivation, either. The misses sees herself as the family expert on computer power supplies. It's really cute. So, are hurricanes as bad as they seem? My only experience with them is either TV or documentaries.
Old 01-19-2021, 10:19 PM   #87
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
My wife doesn't volunteer opinons on those sorts of situations without some severe motivation, either. The misses sees herself as the family expert on computer power supplies. It's really cute. So, are hurricanes as bad as they seem? My only experience with them is either TV or documentaries.
Haha! Ya gotta let them win some battles and be the boss of something. And yeah, they're pretty scary. Between the flooding and tornadoes they spawn, I recommend anyone near the path to boogie out of the area, haha!
Old 01-19-2021, 10:23 PM   #88
Aquarium Advice Addict

I was in high school when Hurricane Alicia hit our area, and we stayed because my dad had to work. It was only a Cat 2, but I decided I'd never stay for another one. Ike hit Galveston and I took my mom and we left, I wasn't married then. We left a few years ago during Harvey, and our house escaped damage, but alot of friends and colleagues got heavy flooding. We couldn't come home for over a week, lived in a best Western, before they declared the area was safe from flooding and the water wasn't contaminated

Tags
bio

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com