Pot scrubbies bio home

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
All explained here for best Filter Media. Suggest you read everything.
That's what I read on there. I thought it was cool the author admitted he had been using a ton of different media over the years too. I think it's a common thing, perpetuated by the companies selling stuff. It's a multi billion dollar industry, it didn't get that way on accident

That's what I read on there. I thought it was cool the author admitted he had been using a ton of different media over the years too. I think it's a common thing, perpetuated by the companies selling stuff. It's a multi billion dollar industry, it didn't get that way on accident

Just remember...

Attachments

• theinternetislyingtoyou.jpg
    theinternetislyingtoyou.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 31
Sounds like a plan, Charley. My mats are the same as yours, but I can't replace my ceramics. I'd be brokenhearted after all the reviewing and hopes for a resistant, long lasting bio-filter component. As usual, we'll see.

Sounds like a plan, Charley. My mats are the same as yours, but I can't replace my ceramics. I'd be brokenhearted after all the reviewing and hopes for a resistant, long lasting bio-filter component. As usual, we'll see.
Just as an FYI, I replaced ALL my 7 liters of Matrix in my 75 gallon Cichlid tank (now all community fish) in my canister and HOB at the same time. Using 10/20 ppi foam and pot scrubbers. I wanted to test the authors data, and it worked. I tested ammonia twice a day for 5 days and never had an ammonia spike after finding out the new media will get cycled in hours... and it did.

One of my favorite feelings comes from a theory/change that works out as intended. Even moreso when things improve for my pets. Good job, fishwonder.

Just as an FYI, I replaced ALL my 7 liters of Matrix in my 75 gallon Cichlid tank (now all community fish) in my canister and HOB at the same time. Using 10/20 ppi foam and pot scrubbers. I wanted to test the authors data, and it worked. I tested ammonia twice a day for 5 days and never had an ammonia spike after finding out the new media will get cycled in hours... and it did.

What an amazing a comprehensive testing procedure. I wish I’d have bought shares in plastic pot scrubbies. This is going to be a wild ride.

That may be true. My security is carefully chosen and tuned to exclude any sites that look the slightest bit henky. Considering the current threat environment I wouldn't have it any other way. Meanwhile...
My security only allows fish, grub hub, and Uber. And everything else i think

My security only allows fish, grub hub, and Uber. And everything else i think

We're on the same page as usual Charlie, mostly. Good morning, BTW.

A quick testimonial that gave me a smile. I called OASE to order some new O-rings for my 600. They were out of the pumphead o-rings. They compensated for this by sending me a new pumphead, which includes the needed o-ring. All of this for the price of a phone call! I haven't seen customer service like this for a very long time.

Good morning! Wow! That's great... your right. Customer service like that is sadly dying away

I hate to say it, but I think sterling customer support is already dead, Charlie. Advanced ISP support is anger-inducing nowadays. The big players seem to have decided that cheaper is better when it comes to phone support of THEIR products. My wife listened to a recent call to comcast and was furious at the tech's lack of knowledge and foolishness. OASE support is located in Ohio which amazed me no end.

Interesting (second) reading, but subject to my personal experience\knowledge\instincts, of course. The author, and his readers, would have been better served by some control over the authors personal (innate) foibles. It was a great inducement to chop through the article by interspersing such beautiful fish throughout. Especially the PLECOs! Thank's fishwonder.

Back
Top Bottom