Power out!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nimo

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Had power when got up this morning now it is out, my house is 81° inside now and rising. Probly gonna lose my fish.I have to try and get my kids some where out of the heat which leaves no one to keep tank water moving
This sucks I got 7 tanks stocked. Nothing I can do about it I have to take care of my kids and dog first

We are under heat advisory and air quality advisory, temps expected in low 100s with heat index around 109 what a day for no power

Can u get a bunch of 5gal buckets and portable air stones and transfer the fish and bring them somewhere cool for awhile? That's probably my only guess :/ sorry! Hope everyone makes it!!

Float bags of ice. Make sue theyre in bags bc u could slowly overfill them. Good luck.

As of now I am lucky enough to have running water, have been doing 1-2 gallon water changes every hour and also taking a bowl to scoop water and dump it back in tank to keep oxygen in it. I have managed to keep water temps around 80 doing this. I am gonna have to get my kids out of this heat soon so I don't know how much longer I can keep it up
Last report on power is that it could be next week before restored.

Try the ice method. Just float it in bags. Its your best bet. Ide rather put ice in my tanks then lose all my fish.

Woooohooooo power back on. All fish seem to be ok and very happy to have their filters and bubblers back on

Oh I live in south Florida and it hasn't even been that hot yet

Our final high temp for the day was 102° and it was 92° inside my house.
And it suppose to be around 100 again today. Friday our temps got up to 104 had really nasty in line wind storm that the news is calling a land hurricane with wind gusts up to 90mph. It did a lot of damage, I am lucky to have power at all. Some people around me are still out and not expected to be back on till july 7-9.

My mom lives in Zeprin hill down there in florida, she canceled her trip to virginia because it was too hot up here, she said temps down there were a lot cooler and she was not gonna come up here till it cools down some. That's crazy cause she usually comes up here to escape the heat for a bit.

Back
Top Bottom