Power outage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IHaveAquariums

Aquarium Advice Freak
So any tips on going through power outages during cooler months? Having an outage right now and all my tanks were about 78° I have a 36g 29g and a 10g setup rn. Anything to avoid/do?

So any tips on going through power outages during cooler months? Having an outage right now and all my tanks were about 78° I have a 36g 29g and a 10g setup rn. Anything to avoid/do?
Wal-Mart has a power extension cord that will power a fridge for up to 4 hours. I'm ordering one tonight.

I went through a 16 hour power outage a couple weeks ago. I'm considering a UPS system for running just the heater and filter. That or a small gas generator that I can hook an extension cable to.

I've looked into some UPS calculators, and it just does not seem worth the cost for getting a UPS. To power a 150 watt heater and a 6 watt filter, I would only get about 10 - 15 minutes of run time. Maybe an hour if I bought a $500 UPS.

5000 watt generator has saved my ta is a couple times. Really no comparison. If you want to keep the tank stable you'll need something that can run as long as you need it to. I got a champion for like $300, that's the stock cost of just one of my tanks really. It's quiet and runs great.

Back
Top Bottom