Predator Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vanimal

Aquarium Advice Addict
I currently have a stocked 150 gallon tank but just found out I might be moving :) (I hate living in Florida) So if it ends up being a yes I will have to rehome all my fish ): I was thinking about doing a Predator Tank. These are the set ups I think I'd like

15 Red Bellied Piranha 1 Pleco

75 Exodon Tetra

2 Red Wolf Fish

1-3 Oscar, 1 African Featherfin Cat, 1 Pleco, 2 Bichirs

Or something else. Any suggestions or opinions on what to get? Also if any are over stocked please let me know.
Thanks

Each line is 1 stocking idea sorry should've clarified. Ill add spaces

Oh! haha:lol:

I would do the oscar idea if it were me. But I would only get two. If you get 3 and two pair up, the other one will be bullied to death.

The piranha tank would be cool also.

Oh I heard never to get 2 because if one becomes aggressive it would kill the other but if you have 3 the bullying would be spread out between the 2.

I would love to have an Arrow but sadly my tank is to small.

I would do the Piranha tank just because it would be alot cooler and more badass to say "Yeah, I have a Piranha tank."

I haven't heard that about the oscars. But then again, I haven't done too much research on them. I was going off of info from other fish that pair up.

Yeah. I think I might try Wolf Fish or the Exodons because I've had RBP and Oscars before.

Look into elongatus parinha. I have had RB's as well. Though they were cool, they are far to timid for my taste. The elong's are about as aggressive as any cichlid I've seen. Truthfully they kinda scare me. A mouth full of nasty teeth and a attitude to match. Makes WC's fun.. Haha.

emerald76 said:
75 exodon tetras will overstock that tank

I disagree they only reach 3-4 inches in captivity and are comfortable in large schools. I saw a video of 90 in a 90 gallon tank.

Aski247 said:
Look into elongatus parinha. I have had RB's as well. Though they were cool, they are far to timid for my taste. The elong's are about as aggressive as any cichlid I've seen. Truthfully they kinda scare me. A mouth full of nasty teeth and a attitude to match. Makes WC's fun.. Haha.

I would love to have one of those. Like a Black Piranha? But they are very expensive.

Yeah similar to a black rhom, but only reach about 12". Down side to them is Like you said the cost. Around here at my lfs. They are 195$ I have seen them on many sites for around 135$ including shipping. This is about the only fish I keep coming back to every time I start a new tank. I will get one eventually. It's just never the right time for me to invest that much money into a single fish.

But if you want a Nasty little guy.. This fish is in my top 3 for that size.

Yeah way to much for me I'm only 15 so I have no money coming in other than birthdays and holidays...

I think ill go with 2 or 3 Red Wolf Fish. They cost $35 each so 2 wouldn't be that bad. The Reds are cheaper and smaller than normal Wolf Fish and IMO are just as cool. They have the teeth of a piranha but much more attitude and are way more aggressive. From what I've seen they are also less skittish than Piranha. I think they're perfect for my tank.

Back
Top Bottom