Predators

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Killiwondered

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Ideas on a good predator? I've been looking but not many have cought my eye yet. Some I can't even find in my area!

A predator for what exactly? Fry? Or are you just wanting an agressive fish?

55g is what I've got set up now but i may up grade later. And I'm looking for a long term predator, eats small fish, fry, shrimp ext.

I read some where ( and I find it very true) that the only reason people started keeping fish was to watch them eat other fish

The absolute biggest predator is for a tank like that is 1 Oscar on its own, they are really cool fish to own and ferocious predators. I personally wouldn't keep 1 in a tank that size but a lot of people do + you would need excellent filtration for a predator tank that small because they all produce high protein wast so I would also go with a sump if you can but at least a very good canister filter no matter what you get.

Redfin perch or shiner? And I do love the bichirs but there not what I'm looking for till i get my 120g but thank you very much

I think rope/reed fish are predatory aswell and tire track eels are cool but not sure what tank size they need but they eat live ghost shrimp.

Redfin perch or shiner? I do like the look of pike. And I do love bichirs but their not what I'm looking for till I get my 120g, but thank you very much.

Killiwondered said:
Oscar's are cool. Would a gar do well or would I need a larger tank?

I think gar need a long,shallower tank if I'm not mistaken. Have. Pirañas crossed your mind?

What about a spotted gar? A pacu piranha? You can find more info about them on azgardens.com under testosterone fish.

Lexilove said:
What about a spotted gar? A pacu piranha? You can find more info about them on azgardens.com under testosterone fish.

A few Red Bellied Piranha would be cool.

Red wolf fish.. does well in a 55g for life. Look at my vids to see them.

Back
Top Bottom