preditory style Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Channa Gachua can live in a planted tank and not disturb the plants too much. They are predatory but not very aggressive to other tankmates. They will easily breed in a 75 gallon too, with the right setup.

muddlehead said:
one of my friends in seattle has some piranhas, i did not know they were illegal here i will have to inquire where he got them, im not sure how aggressive they are but one of the meanest looking fish i have ever seen around here is a fire eel, a lfs has one that is maybe a little over a foot in length and it creeps me out

Here in Washington State, the only way you can have a piranha is to apply for a certain type of license to be able to have them.

As for Fire Eels, they aren't mean looking at all, lol. I have 2 of them and they are my best buddies. Let me pet them and everything. They are so cool looking. They are 8 1/2 inches and 10 inches. They are my main reason for getting my 55G setup, and my next aquarium will be their final home, a 135+G. Fire Eels are so smart too, and very friendly, IMO.

Veneer - tell that to the folks in the NE of the US, where snakeheads have taken over many local lakes/ponds/rviers/etc including the Potomac

Back
Top Bottom