Preggo Ghost shrimp and white algea???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GinGayadat

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a couple questions (bear with me if they are common things or have already been answered on here I'm new to the forum and generally ask my dad things about aquariums but its hard when he lives 600+ miles away LOL)
First question~ I have (9?) ghost shrimp (in a tank with only a couple snails and 5 neon tetras) one of them had eggs and now its this pink-ish white-ish fuzzy looking stuff instead of the eggs... when i got the shrimp a couple were carrying eggs and as result i now have 5 little shrimp growing in the tank. I have had them for a couple months now and this is the first time that any have been pregnant since. Is this normal or should i be concerned? Which leads me to my second question.... I have this white algae looking stuff growing the last couple weeks too.. none of the fish have ick or anything and the shrimp (other then the preggo one) all look fine too.. but is it just algae? how do i deal with it? anything would be helpful! ( i have pictures but cant figure out how to post them here ....)

Back
Top Bottom