Pregnant?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

melneda

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi,
I am a newbie here. Can anyone tell me if these two guys are pregnant: the orange fish in the first picture, and the pink one in the second. I am also relatively new with this hobby. I set this aquarium up about 3 months ago.

Also, I would appreciate if you can tell me the names of these fish? I think they were tetras but not quite sure!
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• fish1.jpg
    fish1.jpg
    231.6 KB · Views: 88
  • fish2.jpg
    fish2.jpg
    220.3 KB · Views: 96
The pink one is an egg layer so it's hard to tell. The first one looks like a female. Was she in a mixed tank at your lfs? Or do you have males in your tank currently? It's possible she may be pregnant but very early on

Thank you very much.. I have 10 galon and 8 freshwater fishes and 4 baby fishes in a separate section in a tank.Mostly tetras but I m not sure exactly...:( I have male in my tanks.. Pink one s stomach is getting bigger she is very active and fast.??

The pink one is a danio and I would recommend a larger tank. Preferably a 20 gallon long. The orange one looks like a platy or Molly. If she's with males of her own kind she's probably pregnant. Just keep in mind platys/mollies produce more waste so water changes need to be more frequent.

If you plan on breeding platys/mollies you definitely want a larger tank with lots of hiding places like java moss. Or if you don't have that then a breeder net of some sort. I use the nylon mesh ones so that when the fry are in there the water is agitated and oxygenated.

Also if becoming a breeder try to do 1 male to 3 females so that they aren't overly harassed to the point of stress.

Any questions just pm me or post on the boards

The fish behind the platy is a bleeding heart tetra. The one in the second picture is a zebra danio. The platy doesn't really look pregnant to me. What's your feeding schedule? You may be feeding too much and the fish could be bloated.

Hi,
Thank you very much all your help.I checked pictures from google you are right one of them danio another one is platys..If danio leave her eggs can i see them?. When should I leave her to prevent eggs? And recently a few fishes always waiting under the filter is there any reason can be?
My aquarium from outside looks like clean.I always add water because of water levels goes down. I dont know If it is okey for them After added new water I add a few drop stress coat.I set up aquarium 3 months ago All of them alive.Thanks God..
Actually I have 2 toddlers I bought fishes for them but I realized that I liked fish more than kids liked.So I want to learn more.And I dont want to do something wrong.
I usually feed them every morning around 8 am (With flakes).Sometimes I give at night too.

Thanks torres I checked pictures from google also you are right it is transparent fish.Bleeding heart tetra. I have problem with this fishes. When I look my fishes all fishes peacefull,except this heart tetra.This fish always bother one fish,doesnt let fish swim always bother.. I dont know if they are some type fish because this poor fish is not transparent.Thank you for your advice..

Replacing the water in the tank is not good enough. Minerals are not being removed from the water when you only do top offs and will build up and harm the fish. It is important you remove water and then add fresh water. It is also important you declorinate the new water going in.

Bleeding heart tetras are very active fish that require schools. Without the comfort of a school they can become nippy and bother other fish. This may be why he is bothering one of your other fish.

Than you I replaced water this week I have a 3 weeks baby fishes I added the picture on my photo albums when can I leave them aquarium when it is safe for them thanks

image-81778891.jpg

My light color fish getting bigger CanI see the eggs if she leave them? when can I leave her separate to save eggs thanks ...

Back
Top Bottom