pregnant?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
She is definitely pregnant. Since it has a brownish blackish spot on the back of the stomach, a gravid spot, it means it's pregnant.

She is definitely pregnant. Since it has a brownish blackish spot on the back of the stomach, a gravid spot, it means it's pregnant.
well how long they pregnant for she been like this for about 2 and half months and no male guppy in the tank either ? she hasnt gotten much bigger in 2 and half months ish either

She does look pregnant. Look to see if you see the eyes of fry just in front of gravid spot.. Many livebearers not only give birth in the evening /early morning to give fry a better chance of survival ,but can store sperm for up to 7 spawns or possibly a year to keep having babies without ever again seeing a male...
My guess is that the babies are being eaten ,possibly there may be a few hidden if you have good cover for them..

She does look pregnant. Look to see if you see the eyes of fry just in front of gravid spot.. Many livebearers not only give birth in the evening /early morning to give fry a better chance of survival ,but can store sperm for up to 7 spawns or possibly a year to keep having babies without ever again seeing a male...
My guess is that the babies are being eaten ,possibly there may be a few hidden if you have good cover for them..
how long is 7 spawns ...she has not spawned once that im aware of as never seen her get any smaller in nearly 3 months ish then what she is now ....but i dont think we had any male in there as we had another one that was exactly the same colour as her as males are more colourful arnt they? we got a little orange fish in there but have no idea what it is was told its a molly but i thought mollys get big all round this one very slim lined

Several spawns could be over 7 months.
They say mollies and guppies can interbreed ...
Get a flash light and look for the fry in her.. If she is pregnant you will see them before she births.. Some fish drop only a few fry at a time instead of all at once...

Get a flash light and look for the fry in her.. If she is pregnant you will see them before she births.. Some fish drop only a few fry at a time instead of all at once...
20171229_124809.jpg20171229_124429.jpg this is the mystery orange fish i was talking about lol if you know let me know as been told its a molly but the tail not like the mollies on google and i cant find a fish that looks like this on google either :)

this is a close up of her gravid spot (cropped from a bigger picture)i dont really no what im looking for what do you think?

this is a close up of her gravid spot (cropped from a bigger picture)i dont really no what im looking for what do you think?20171229_130809.jpg

The orange fish is a white cloud mountain minnow. Not possible to breed with guppy as it is an egg scattering fish.
As for pic it is tough to say you are looking for little black eyes of fry.

The orange fish is a white cloud mountain minnow. Not possible to breed with guppy as it is an egg scattering fish.
As for pic it is tough to say you are looking for little black eyes of fry.
thankyou for naming what it is lol ....ive also never seen any eyes but never really get close enough to see as she fast lol

Back
Top Bottom