Pregnant Black Molly?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mousar

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi please can someone help me? I am finding it hard to determine whether my black Molly is pregnant? We check the fish everyday and she just seems to have ballooned overnight. Please see the attached picture. Would appreciate any advice. Thanks.
PS. apologies if I have posted this in the wrong subject, I am new today.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110924_172337.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110924_172337.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 117
  • ForumRunner_20110924_172352.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110924_172352.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 143
Wrong forum. This one is for Community news and announcements. Moved to FW general discussion.

Hi looks nice and fat! Possibly pregnant? Does the fish spend much time at the surface? Mollies like the water warmer than alot of tropicals,temperature nearer the 80s, also they appreciate alot of green stuff in there diet.

Yes she does spend a lot more time on the surface. The tank is set at 25 deg c. I know they eat a lot, and that's why i wanted to check whether she was pregnant.

She is in a community tank with barbs, widow tetras, cichlid, blind cave fish. No guppies. Sadly the male black Molly died today.

Ok well i would move her if u can the barbs will eat the babies

Any and all fish will try and eat the fry, even her. I wouldn't move her yet. Way to early, you'll stress her out and she could abort the fry.

Back
Top Bottom