Pregnant Glofish? or...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Armani Francis

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I really need your help... Lately my purple glofish (Her name is Asa, which means morning in Japanese) had her belly swollen, and I can confirm that it wasn't yesterday however she has a lot of other glofish with her and they were chasing her around a lot, so maybe she's pregnant? I may have overfed them yesterday but I really want to know...I'm really worried about her, it could also be dropsy or parasites. so I need to know in advance because I live in an isolated part of town and to get a new aquariums for the babies, I'd need a shipment along with the filter. I thought that it's better to ask instead of letting the days pass and guess what will happen to her.

This hobby is new to me and if there's any help you can give me about tips with the baby Glofish and how to raise them I'd be really glad

Attachments

• IMG-4058.jpg
    IMG-4058.jpg
    199.1 KB · Views: 202
  • IMG-4059.jpg
    IMG-4059.jpg
    216.9 KB · Views: 1,479
First off. Glofish are egg layers, so it cant get pregnant. The technical term for a fish full of eggs is gravid.

Not sure what, if anything is wrong with your fish. Id leave it a few days see if anything progresses. Maybe skip a day of feeding.

Looks fine to me, My white skirts do the same thing. But watch for a few days if you are worried. These are usually tough little buggers. I have a few that are about 4 years old and the ones I had before were about 7 when I lost them.

Back
Top Bottom