Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-26-2021, 05:13 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Pregnant Glofish? or...

I really need your help... Lately my purple glofish (Her name is Asa, which means morning in Japanese) had her belly swollen, and I can confirm that it wasn't yesterday however she has a lot of other glofish with her and they were chasing her around a lot, so maybe she's pregnant? I may have overfed them yesterday but I really want to know...I'm really worried about her, it could also be dropsy or parasites. so I need to know in advance because I live in an isolated part of town and to get a new aquariums for the babies, I'd need a shipment along with the filter. I thought that it's better to ask instead of letting the days pass and guess what will happen to her.

This hobby is new to me and if there's any help you can give me about tips with the baby Glofish and how to raise them I'd be really glad
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-4058.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	199.1 KB
ID:	322085   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-4059.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	216.9 KB
ID:	322086  

Old 10-27-2021, 03:12 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

First off. Glofish are egg layers, so it cant get pregnant. The technical term for a fish full of eggs is gravid.

Not sure what, if anything is wrong with your fish. Id leave it a few days see if anything progresses. Maybe skip a day of feeding.
Old 10-28-2021, 02:56 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Looks fine to me, My white skirts do the same thing. But watch for a few days if you are worried. These are usually tough little buggers. I have a few that are about 4 years old and the ones I had before were about 7 when I lost them.
Old 10-28-2021, 03:11 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Ok thanks!

Tags
fish, glofish, pregnant

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com