Pregnant mollies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sieski

Aquarium Advice Freak
How long they pregnant for? Any usualy signs of very close to dropping? Unlike my guppies I would Like a fair few of them to survive.

easy way is just wait until she drops. if you have a male in there it will be prego again. if not they can store sperm for 2-3 births so you still have some time.

easy way is just wait until she drops. if you have a male in there it will be prego again. if not they can store sperm for 2-3 births so you still have some time.

Aye but I got a LFS thats quite willing to have lots of dalmation mollies off me as they simply can't get any!

should put each prego in their own tank with some moss or other plants. this will give you the best results.

should put each prego in their own tank with some moss or other plants. this will give you the best results.

Well I got a 5g tank but its full of guppy fry. All my guppies are now seperated so I got about 2 pregnancys for each female left 5 females in total working on the fact they can have a few pregancies after the males are taken out.

So it's a case of trying to get the female into my home made breeder net. Its about 10 inches long 6 high and 6 deep. I have aquired a few v shelfs out of some old breeder traps from a box of odds and sods I brought with with my last tank. I got a floating plant in there to try and make the mollie feel as natural as possible so I don't know wheter to put her in now or try to get her in just a few days beforehand.

I HATE losing fry. mI'm a soppy sod like that lol

Back
Top Bottom