Pregnant or sick?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AlbinoShark53

Aquarium Advice Regular
So my female platy hasn't been in contact with any males in a while. She was with the last set of fish I got (I can't remember when). But she is fat, her poop was white and now it's brown, and her butt is white and bulging. The dark spot could either be considered there or not there. It's kinda hard to tell.
Here's a picture:
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1417369673.255085.jpg

Is she sick? If so, what can I do to help her?

Sent using my thumbs

Certainly looks pregnant, if she is sick stop feeding her for a while, she's not gasping at the top, so that is a good sign.....

Certainly looks pregnant, if she is sick stop feeding her for a while, she's not gasping at the top, so that is a good sign.....

Ok thanks! Can tell when she might give birth?

Sent using my thumbs

They normally give birth at night, if you have other fish in the tank they will eat the fry, if you have breeder put her in that.......

I have in the hospital/quarantine tank right now. It's a half gallon beta tank..

That's ok, she needs heat 24c, a net one in the same tank would be better, if she is bloated, a cooked pea should sort it out.......

Hi albino,
You mentioned she hadn't had contact with males recently, but is my understanding that they can store sperm to reproduce in more optimum conditions. Definitely I would take the advice to treat for constipation in any case. Good luck!

Hi albino,
You mentioned she hadn't had contact with males recently, but is my understanding that they can store sperm to reproduce in more optimum conditions. Definitely I would take the advice to treat for constipation in any case. Good luck!

Ok thanks! I will

Back
Top Bottom