Prepping Wood For My Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GodFan

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I found 2 pieces of wood that I would like to add to 2 separate tanks. I need help! Both are hardwood. One is small and relatively fresh. The other is large and appears to have rotted in some places. Neither has been in water. So what do I do to be 100% sure both are safe?
Not even sure where to start really. I know the bark has to come off (how?) and then I gotta make sure all bugs and such die and I dont want any sap....
HELP! lol
Thanks in advance and God bless!

So I found 2 pieces of wood that I would like to add to 2 separate tanks. I need help! Both are hardwood. One is small and relatively fresh. The other is large and appears to have rotted in some places. Neither has been in water. So what do I do to be 100% sure both are safe?
Not even sure where to start really. I know the bark has to come off (how?) and then I gotta make sure all bugs and such die and I dont want any sap....
HELP! lol
Thanks in advance and God bless!

Pics would help. But to help answer your question. Take all the bark off. Tear if off or use a knife. Then boil the heck out of it. Boil it and soak it real good. Scrub the rotted parts real good and make sure it's real clean. If possible get some pics up.

Pics would help. But to help answer your question. Take all the bark off. Tear if off or use a knife. Then boil the heck out of it. Boil it and soak it real good. Scrub the rotted parts real good and make sure it's real clean. If possible get some pics up.
The pics may be up tomorrow. Its to dark for pics tonight :) The one piece is WAY to big to boil lol It is enormous! Like I said hopefully pics tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom