Price for albino bristlenose pleco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

I just found some at one of the LFS here and they sell them for 8.99 each... is this to much to pay? And should i pick a smaller over a larger one? They are all the same price. And this is going to go in my 10 gallon tank.

$38 8O wow... but these aren't the long finned ones. So i guess 8.99 is a decent price... thanks!!!
Also.. how hardy are these fish? Yes my water quality is pristine and i keep up with water changes, you all know this, but im just wondering. thanks.

@__@ we have one of those at school lol he hasn't died yet though I don't know how long he's been there but he's been there since september...probably from last year because we just don't randomly get new fish over the summer. X.x dang that thing is freaky lookin lol Luigi is a weird funny fish.....

To answer the question regarding hardiness, IME with both juvi's (of which I currently have 4) and adults (of which I currently have two), they are definitely in favor of excellent water conditions, especially ph.

Their diet really requires veggie matter, more so than other plec's. In addition to algae disks, broccoli stems (save the rosettes for yourself), zucchini, etc. are readily accepted. Don't forget driftwood. They love rasping on it.

BTW - ABN's go for @ $30.00 around these parts and are hard to come by.

Jchillin said:
To answer the question regarding hardiness, IME with both juvi's (of which I currently have 4) and adults (of which I currently have two), they are definitely in favor of excellent water conditions, especially ph.

Their diet really requires veggie matter, more so than other plec's. In addition to algae disks, broccoli stems (save the rosettes for yourself), zucchini, etc. are readily accepted. Don't forget driftwood. They love rasping on it.

BTW - ABN's go for @ $30.00 around these parts and are hard to come by.

you know i feed my pleco's good JC :wink: I can't resist putting veggies in for Bob.. thats why hes getting so huge!!! I have driftwood in my 10 gallon and the pH is about 7.2-7.4 in that tank.

you know i feed my pleco's good JC Wink I can't resist putting veggies in for Bob.. thats why hes getting so huge!!! I have driftwood in my 10 gallon and the pH is about 7.2-7.4 in that tank.

Yeah, I know you are fastidious about feeding Bob...just wanted to answer your question about hardiness. :)

I think I got a dumb pleco. He cleans algae off all my terracotta and glass ornamentation, off the tank, and old food off the bottom, but he refuses to pay attention to the algae disks and whatnot I put in the tank for him. He'll swim right over the disks, around them, under them.. but he won't touch them. In the end, 45 minutes later or so, i'll catch the platys pecking at it until its gone, but he never seems to touch it.

SeanMurphy said:
I think I got a dumb pleco. He cleans algae off all my terracotta and glass ornamentation, off the tank, and old food off the bottom, but he refuses to pay attention to the algae disks and whatnot I put in the tank for him. He'll swim right over the disks, around them, under them.. but he won't touch them. In the end, 45 minutes later or so, i'll catch the platys pecking at it until its gone, but he never seems to touch it.

Try putting it in at night AFTER you turn off the lights. Also they prefer fresh veggies... especially zuchini!!!

oh btw.. JC... how are the albino's at eating algae and keeping the sides clean? In my 55 gallon i never see algae on the glass with my sailfin in there. Just wondering if the Albino's are as good.

Back
Top Bottom