Prime in the Refrigerator

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aquaplantfish

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a small Refrigerator just fir my tank where I keep nls foods, bloodworms, Krill's and other.

I was wondering if I can keep Prime water condition and seachem stabilizer in the refrigerator to keep it fresh?

I've never kept them in the fridge and honestly I would email Seachem and get their opinion.

I've never kept them in the fridge and honestly I would email Seachem and get their opinion.

Email from seachem

"Thank you for your email. You can certainly keep Prime in the refrigerator. It is not necessary but recommend if refrigeration is available.

I hope this helps! Have a great day!
Product Support 10251"

I'm purchasing a eheim pro 3 g160, can I use the existing media on it? If anything i will replace the floss but I don't know I'd I need to replace the whole medias. Also I will add a HOB to add up to 400+ GPH.

I'm purchasing a eheim pro 3 g160, can I use the existing media on it? If anything i will replace the floss but I don't know I'd I need to replace the whole medias. Also I will add a HOB to add up to 400+ GPH.

I take it your getting it used? If so I definitely would replace the floss but if it has sponges and bio-media (ceramic tubes or other) I would make a weak bleach solution at about 1 part bleach to 10 parts water and soak them for a few hours. Then rinse them well and finally soak them in a solution of heavy Prime water like you would when regenerating Purgen. Soak them a couple days in the Prime water.

I take it your getting it used? If so I definitely would replace the floss but if it has sponges and bio-media (ceramic tubes or other) I would make a weak bleach solution at about 1 part bleach to 10 parts water and soak them for a few hours. Then rinse them well and finally soak them in a solution of heavy Prime water like you would when regenerating Purgen. Soak them a couple days in the Prime water.

Yes used filter with media.
Ok great I can do that! and that will save me a lot of money with new medias, should I use hot water?, to be exact medium-hot.
Thank you!

Yes used filter with media.
Ok great I can do that! and that will save me a lot of money with new medias, should I use hot water?, to be exact medium-hot.
Thank you!

I wouldn't worry about the water temp, room temp would be fine. It's the bleach that is doing the sterilizing.

Back
Top Bottom