Problem with Aquaclear 70 Filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nerdelish

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have an Aquaclear 70 filter that I use on my 29 gallon tank. Lately, I have been having trouble with the flow output of the filter. I have taken it apart and cleaned it multiple times and it still doesn't put out much flow at all. It is a steady trickle at best, at maximum flow. I've also played around with the leveling mechanism and checked the motor movement....I am really at a loss here. :confused: Any ideas?

I don't want to have to buy a new one if I don't have to. :(

Have you pulled the impeller and cleaned it and inside the motor housing. I use a Q tip. Just don't bend the shaft the impeller goes on.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Sometimes I'll take the ac's I run and place them in the sink with the intake tube out and cover off, completely remove media and basket, let the faucet rip as hot as it gets right into impeller opening. Plug in filter and let it run with hot water for 5 min, Than clean with a q tip.. works every time!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I haven't tried cleaning the impeller. I will do that and try the hot water trick first. Thank you for the tips. It has been really frustrating.

Yeah it's probably the impeller. I try to clean mine monthly. There was one time mine got too much gunk and stopped spinning.

Caleb

Back
Top Bottom