PROBLEM WITH MY AQUARIUM LOOKING SMOKEY

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sugzze1

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 20 gallon freshwater fish aquarium and I am having a terrible time with it looking smokey and also there is a lot of algae. I have several fish including auto's and all of my fish are doing very well. I just gave the aquarium a very good cleaning a few days ago and it looked beautiful. Now it looks like I need to clean or suction it again. Please can someone tell me what the problem might be? A reply will be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to AA. We have a 12-step program for clearing cloudy water. Okay, actually we don't.
Search for "bacterial bloom". There should be lots of posts about it. My brother's 75 is in the middle of a bloom right now.

Welcome to AA:

AG was kidding when he said it was a 12-step program, it's actually three. This may have caused the problem:

I just gave the aquarium a very good cleaning a few days ago and it looked beautiful

A "good cleaning" sounds like you cleaned the filter, decorations and gave it a good gravel vac. It looks like you disturbed the beneficial bacteria colonies in the filter and gravel. This is normal and will settle shortly. If the above is not the case, something else caused the issue.

How long has the tank been set up?

Back
Top Bottom