Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-05-2006, 06:29 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

Problem with tanks

Ok i have 2 different problems with 2 different tanks.

1st, my 55 gallon, i just added 4 cherry barbs and a albino red finned shark to it the other week about 10 days ago i would say, and now my water is couldy. Before i had very clear water now it is pretty bad, even a couple peopel who came over noticed it. I used the python to vacume it and took about 1/3 of the water out of it, but it is still coudy any ideas?

The other problem is with my 10 gallon tank, i ve had the water cycling with a small amount of rocks at the bottom, not many at all, and today i got 5 neon tetras for it, and some sand. I put the sand in and for somereason it has tons of air in it. Im getting little sand balls that float to the top, and its already clogged up my filter twice and ive had to clean it out, and im worried if they keep poppin up from the bottom and get sucked in its going to get clogged up tonite while im sleeping and burn up over night. So any help with that to get the air bubbles out of it. To help solve it for now i took the tube that reaches far down into the water off the filter and its only reaching in there about an inch so that it wont get the sand at the top and is less likely to catch the sand that is pushed down by the water fall. If anyone can help with this one its more urgent thanks alot
Mitch

Old 11-05-2006, 07:51 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

What color is the "cloud"?

For the 10 gal, how did you cycle the tank? The sand that you used, was it purchased from the lfs? If so, it is most likely light sand. Use your net to break apart the sand "bubbles". That's what we did for the sand that we purchased at the lfs. For future tanks, I'd use pool filter sand. It's heavy and does not make the sand "bubbles". All you can really do is just break apart the bubbles.

29 Gallon Lake Malawi Fry
55 Gallon Community
150 Gallon Lake Malawi Cichlid
Fishyfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 06:45 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Regular

Its like a white cloud i guess. If you look through the long way of the tank, it looks really grey and dindgy... not sure how to describe it
thanks mitch

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com