Problems everywhere!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No I haven't. All I know is my regular water which is well water is tested and it shows nothing that I am testing for in my tank so I didn't know there was anything I needed to be putting in the water. Lol.

Ah, it may be okay then- unless there are traces of heavy metals. A good conditioner like seachem's Prime and Safe will detoxify ammonia and nitrites present in your tank when used at the correct dosage. They also protect the fish's slime coat so its good for disease resistance.

Your local water company or better yet... Bring a sample of your tap water to a local pool cleaning place or pool service place. I have 2 in my area, they test for everything and give you a printout.

Doesn't some water have traces of chlorine in them? Are there tests for that?

or you can just use aged water, water that's been sitting for at least 24hrs to allow chlorine to evaporate to eliminate the doubt of the chlorine in the water

Your local water company or better yet... Bring a sample of your tap water to a local pool cleaning place or pool service place. I have 2 in my area, they test for everything and give you a printout.

or you can just use aged water, water that's been sitting for at least 24hrs to allow chlorine to evaporate to eliminate the doubt of the chlorine in the water

I understand this, but I thought prime was something that conditioned the water of all of the bad chemicals and/or params along with chlorine if you didn't want to age your water or go to get it tested. Correct? :huh:If I am correct, then I am just saying, shouldn't she use some type of water conditioner if she doesn't use aged water?

Ok i can get some. I just know we don't have chlorine in our water and it has been tested not too long ago by a water place and then later on I got it tested at the pet store. If I do need to add something it is no problem

To be safe it's a good idea to use a conditioner. There could be traces of metals or other nasties.

Also Prime with certain metals will just neutralize it. I believe this to be true with copper.

That sounds great. I really hope it will help and that I'm just stuck in this part of the cycling because I don't have city water so there's no trace of anything in my regular water. I can't figure out why all this has been such a pain lol. My boyfriend has the same kind of water and they have had fish for years and they've never done any of this! Lol

Did a water change today. 50%. Hoping this will help the nitrite. Still continuing salt until next week like y'all said. Since the disease is just now in the last few days been cured.

I lost my neon last night! I just got up to fees them and he was stuck to the filter! Nothing was wrong with him! He was actually still moving one f his gills after I pulled him away but you could tell he would never make it. But I can't figure out why he was stuck to it! He always sleeps under my wood formation that has sides so I don't think it would have been while he was resting or whatever. Any ideas!??!

I lost my neon last night! I just got up to fees them and he was stuck to the filter! Nothing was wrong with him! He was actually still moving one f his gills after I pulled him away but you could tell he would never make it. But I can't figure out why he was stuck to it! He always sleeps under my wood formation that has sides so I don't think it would have been while he was resting or whatever. Any ideas!??!

If he was stuck to the filter then he was sick, healthy fish can swim past the intake with no issues for the most part. I mean your using a HUGE filter and blowing the fish all over the tank. So I'm gonna say it sick and weak. Sorry about your fishy....

Back
Top Bottom