Problems everywhere!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Don't worry, things calm down after a while and you can just enjoy your tanks with normal upkeep. :)

Im pretty sure almost everyone does, I definitely did. But anyways, to not go off topic too much, keep us updated and we will help further if needed!

I sure hope so. I got off to a very bad fish keeping start.

no pain no gain. it's just a matter of time before you fall in love with your tank and you want nothing more than more tanks and bigger tanks. i started fish keeping a year ago, now i have 4 tanks of various sizes, each housing something special. talking about hobby gone wild. drove my girlfriend crazy cuz i spent more.time on the fish than i spent on her lol :)

My boyfriend is the one that got me started!!! I wanted a tank to replace a huge cabinet I had in the living room. So we used my old one. He has one at his house so he knew more about fish than me. Supposedly. We have had problems since the start! I think if he knew that it was gonna be this bad he never would have helped me lol. Thanks and ill get back to y'all!

Ok so. Just got home since I last posted. They look even more terrible. Have some new pics but not sure how good they are. My neon which was fine is now not. It has no color whatsoever and is acting bad. One spot of something fuzzy right on its head. No ich. The yellow one looks the same but has a major loss of color all over. Mainly it's black skirt tail. The orange ones color is fine but it also has a hanging fuzzy ball. Seriously!!!! I'm sure they will be dead by mornig. I almost want to take the neon out with fresh water and some air but I don't know what good it would do now

Ok so. Just got home since I last posted. They look even more terrible. Have some new pics but not sure how good they are. My neon which was fine is now not. It has no color whatsoever and is acting bad. One spot of something fuzzy right on its head. No ich. The yellow one looks the same but has a major loss of color all over. Mainly it's black skirt tail. The orange ones color is fine but it also has a hanging fuzzy ball. Seriously!!!! I'm sure they will be dead by mornig. I almost want to take the neon out with fresh water and some air but I don't know what good it would do now

Can you post the pictures? What meds do you have on hand? Have you checked parameters? I'm gonna say some type of fungus.

http://www.liveaquaria.com/PIC/article.cfm?aid=80

I have everything you could think of. I have a fungal med. ich. Salt. You name it. Will post pics. Did your friend have any ideas?

Please tell me this is crazy. Lol. I have no clue what to do for them at this point. It is almost sickening to look at. These pictures do no justice. The one close up of orange ones face is a bad pic but you can actually see the ball of fuzzy mold looking whatever it is hanging off its chin!

image-1423045150.jpg

Attachments

• image-2207532422.jpg
    image-2207532422.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 75
  • image-368906353.jpg
    image-368906353.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 74
  • image-2330305425.jpg
    image-2330305425.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 62
  • image-1932689462.jpg
    image-1932689462.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 77
Ok thanks. I'm gonna look at those links and see if I can see any good pics to see if it resembles mine. I do have fugal treatment. Called fugus guard. Tetra brand. Worth a shot at this point? Only dose every 4 days. So I could do salt the next day?

Ok thanks. I'm gonna look at those links and see if I can see any good pics to see if it resembles mine. I do have fugal treatment. Called fugus guard. Tetra brand. Worth a shot at this point? Only dose every 4 days. So I could do salt the next day?

At this point it's worth a shot.

Alright. If they die I am taking them to a pet store so I can at least know what this was and hopefully prevent it.

Just an FYI, I bought the in tank searchem ammonia reader (the one that looks like a circle and changes color) thinking I could rely on it but turns out there is a significant delay in readings. I bought the liquid test tube kit for ammonia and use that now. The test tubes read WAY higher than the in tank indicator so be careful when relying on the in tank reader. Best of luck!! :)

I have had others comment on that as well. I am getting the liquid test they recommended Thursday. Soon as I can get it. But at first my in tank reader was reading high. In the alarm level. After a lot of water changes it is in the safe level. So I'm thinking even if its not right at least better than it was. Until I can get a good liquid test. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom