Problems everywhere!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Okay thanks! I just didn't know if it would help anything or not. I have no reason to put it in, I just have saw all these posts about different foods for their diets and didn't know if it would help. If not i have no reason to use it until I get Another bottom feeder. Also my orange is looking better spot wise. My yellow one is still covered on the tail. Y'all have been such a great help! Will update in the morning.

Okay thanks! I just didn't know if it would help anything or not. I have no reason to put it in, I just have saw all these posts about different foods for their diets and didn't know if it would help. If not i have no reason to use it until I get Another bottom feeder. Also my orange is looking better spot wise. My yellow one is still covered on the tail. Y'all have been such a great help! Will update in the morning.

Glad we could help! That's what we're here for. Keep updating!!

New update this morning! Orange fish looks much better. Only twin spots on the fins. The body is almost totally clean. Yay! On the other hand. The yellow fish has not changed at all. It never looked like the fungus that was on the orange one, but I've been doing the salt so even if its something else shouldn't it be helping? I almost want to start the ich treatment again but since the salt is supposed to work better anyway, I'm unsure of what to do :( I feel so bad that its the only one not getting better. They did all eat this Morning and I put the salt in as called for. Won't be able to update until tonight when i get home.

New update this morning! Orange fish looks much better. Only twin spots on the fins. The body is almost totally clean. Yay! On the other hand. The yellow fish has not changed at all. It never looked like the fungus that was on the orange one, but I've been doing the salt so even if its something else shouldn't it be helping? I almost want to start the ich treatment again but since the salt is supposed to work better anyway, I'm unsure of what to do :( I feel so bad that its the only one not getting better. They did all eat this Morning and I put the salt in as called for. Won't be able to update until tonight when i get home.

Your doing heat and salt correct? That should take care of it even if its ich.

congratulation!!! you're seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. keep it up for at least one more week and you're home free:popcorn:

Yes I am. And since my orange one is doing great it makes me wonder why the yellow one isn't.... Still In a straight line on the tail

Yes I am. And since my orange one is doing great it makes me wonder why the yellow one isn't.... Still In a straight line on the tail

Maybe a scar, defect could be a number of things. Some of my fish have war wounds but then again I have a massive aggression issue lol but I love it haha!!

Yeah it was fine when I bought it so I don't really see it being that. It's definitely white spots :( so I don't know.

Update tonight. Fish are the same as this morning. Yellow ones spots are still there. Got a API tester today like y'all recommended. Ph was a little high, 7.4 so I added some ph down. Ammonia was almost at 0! Barely registered in the 0.025 range. Proud of that! Nitrite was sky high! Highest it could get! I read on the instructions that salt could help the toxicity of this. I sure hope so! Wondering what I can do about that besides the salt? With all the water changes I've done lately I don't see how it's so bad. Unless it means I'm almost toward the Ed I the cycle. Nitrate was at 0. Which I found strange considering it can be up to 40. It's the one that's not harmful so I'm a little confused on all of this.

Update tonight. Fish are the same as this morning. Yellow ones spots are still there. Got a API tester today like y'all recommended. Ph was a little high, 7.4 so I added some ph down. Ammonia was almost at 0! Barely registered in the 0.025 range. Proud of that! Nitrite was sky high! Highest it could get! I read on the instructions that salt could help the toxicity of this. I sure hope so! Wondering what I can do about that besides the salt? With all the water changes I've done lately I don't see how it's so bad. Unless it means I'm almost toward the Ed I the cycle. Nitrate was at 0. Which I found strange considering it can be up to 40. It's the one that's not harmful so I'm a little confused on all of this.

Ok so nitrites were high. You need to get that level down ASAP!! Also don't add chemicals to alter pH its not that bad. Stability is key pH swings is what will kill your fish.

You tested tap correct? Do the water change.

since you're having so many problems with your fish tank, it's recommended that you don't use anymore chemicals in the tank than what you already have (i know you're doing the heat and salt treatment). therefore it's not a good idea to use ph down as something to bring down the ph, rather use aged water. Aged water is tap water that's been out of your water source, such as faucet or sink, for over at least 24hrs so that chemicals, mainly chlorine, are evaporated. Plus, since you're using salt, it's only natural that your pH is up and, for the most part, fish will tolerate pH at that level. so for now, when you see pH not in the neutral range, you don't have to dose the chemical and save yourself some money when it comes to chemical that adjusts the pH in the tank(i am aware that the up and down pH comes with the kit, but for future reference it's not required to buy pH chemicals just because the water is not neutral)

Ok thanks to both of y'all! I was unaware of adding the ph down. I hope it doesn't make anything worse just this one time! I did a 50% water change yesterday and have been doing do many in the past two weeks. So If its water changes how could it be so high? Are water changes all I can do?

And is it ok or good that the nitrate is at 0? I'm assuming I'm in the middle of this cycle where the nitrite hasn't turned into nitrate yet...

And is it ok or good that the nitrate is at 0? I'm assuming I'm in the middle of this cycle where the nitrite hasn't turned into nitrate yet...

Well... You want some nitrate. I always have around 10ppm of nitrates but 0 everything else and pH is always 8.2.

Ok. That ph makes my 7.4 seem ok then.... I will continue with water changes. I'm blown away that after all the water changes it coul still be that high. What's causing it to not come down?

Ok. That ph makes my 7.4 seem ok then.... I will continue with water changes. I'm blown away that after all the water changes it coul still be that high. What's causing it to not come down?

It's the second phase of the cycle. Sometimes that can linger. It stinks but it will move along I promise. Try a large water change like 75% water change and test 24 hours later.

Back
Top Bottom