Progressions to My 5 Gallon: Run-off from "Micro fish for a 5 Gallon?"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
IMG_1426[1].jpg

This is what the New Hairgrasses look like. Of course, this is not all of them. They are spread out throughout the whole left side. I am so psyched!

Update time. :)

Here are some updates, nothing big, or very exciting but I haven't done much with this thread lately and I miss the conversations! I've been very busy lately and am back on the forum more, now.

Anyways...on Monday I ordered 2 Echinodorus tenellus (Pygmy Chain Sword) and 3 Cryptocoryne Pontederiifolia for my Micro Tank. Tight fit? FOR SURE! :lol: But sadly, I got an email that the seller is out of town and won't be back until Monday. So I will get the plants in about a week/ week and a day.

Since it is the end of the year for me I have no HW or practice so I decided to a PWC today (2nd this week), and my scape right now needed a bit fo work and some moving around because of my new plants coming so I needed to make room. So, first I started moving my Dwarf Sag and Dwarf Hairgrass around. Upon taking up my Dwarf Sag from its spot of more than a month it had not only grew very long roots but reproduced....:D

IMG_1428[1].jpg
New, long roots!!!!

IMG_1429[1].jpg
Baby Dwarf Sagittaria :blink: :ROFLMAO:

I want to show you guys the new scape but after pulling out plants and lifting up poop, even a PWC couldn't take away all the particles. More pics will be up soon!

Also, please help keep this thread alive, it is too much fun! :thanks:

Here are some updates, nothing big, or very exciting but I haven't done much with this thread lately and I miss the conversations! I've been very busy lately and am back on the forum more, now.

Anyways...on Monday I ordered 2 Echinodorus tenellus (Pygmy Chain Sword) and 3 Cryptocoryne Pontederiifolia for my Micro Tank. Tight fit? FOR SURE! :lol: But sadly, I got an email that the seller is out of town and won't be back until Monday. So I will get the plants in about a week/ week and a day.

Since it is the end of the year for me I have no HW or practice so I decided to a PWC today (2nd this week), and my scape right now needed a bit fo work and some moving around because of my new plants coming so I needed to make room. So, first I started moving my Dwarf Sag and Dwarf Hairgrass around. Upon taking up my Dwarf Sag from its spot of more than a month it had not only grew very long roots but reproduced....:D

View attachment 97803
New, long roots!!!!

View attachment 97804
Baby Dwarf Sagittaria :blink: :ROFLMAO:

I want to show you guys the new scape but after pulling out plants and lifting up poop, even a PWC couldn't take away all the particles. More pics will be up soon!

Also, please help keep this thread alive, it is too much fun! :thanks:

awesome plants!! Keep up the good work!:fish2:

Very cool. I might have to buy/trade some plants with ya!

Plants ship Monday! Leaving town soon. How many days can a planted tank go without tank lights?

Thought about buying a timer? I went away for 10 days and didn't trust my husband with the lights. Finally bit the bullet and bought a timer for about $15. Now I don't even have to think about my lights! Plus, I have them starting at 2pm and clicking off at 10. When they shut off it's a good reminder to stop working, if I am still doing work-related stuff. :) Always makes me jump when they shut off though.

Thought about buying a timer? I went away for 10 days and didn't trust my husband with the lights. Finally bit the bullet and bought a timer for about $15. Now I don't even have to think about my lights! Plus, I have them starting at 2pm and clicking off at 10. When they shut off it's a good reminder to stop working, if I am still doing work-related stuff. :) Always makes me jump when they shut off though.

At hardware stores they sell timers for like $4. That's where all mine came from.

It has been a while since a good ol' BIG update. But boy has this tank come FAR. I've gone from a bare, plastic, horrible "nano set up" to a true Nano Planted tank with the help form you guys! It isn't complete, and I'm not sure if it ever will. I love messing around with the scape! ;) Here are some new additions (as of today) and a FTS for you guys.

IMG_1550[1].jpg
Here are the Pygmy Chain Sword... they came a little yellow but I will hopefully nurse them back to health!

IMG_1551[1].jpg
Here are the Crypts. (C. Pontederiifolia to be exact) I bought 3 and got 4 individual plants. :dance:
These guys get pretty big so that corner will be full very soon. ;)

IMG_1555[1].jpg
Finally, here is an FTS. Things are still in the grow in stage though, once everything grows in fully it will be even more beautiful.

I had some other pics to show but my camera decided to die. So they will be up soon enough. That FTS doesn't give the tank justice. Looks horrible in the picture.

Here is what I bought just now at the LFS.

image-3611169824.jpg

image-3276499223.jpg

The first picture is of some unknown, very pretty stem plant

Next is a picture of two Fire Reds. Pretty sure I have a male and female! :)

IMG_1574[1].jpg
Here are the shrimp. I'm guessing the female is on the left.

IMG_1576[1].jpg
FTS. Can anyone identify the plant that has a purple-y red stem and green leaves? Thanks.

Update.

Been a while since a good ol' update.
All my plants are doing really well! :)
I gave the Micro Sword a BIG trimming and moved it to find at least 4 bushes of runners!!
Dwarf Hairgrass is shooting more runners and the runners are growing in very nicely, I just wish it would carpet faster :/.
Anubias Coffeefolia is sprouting new leaves each week and has verrry long roots.
Bolbitis is growing tremendously, it has grown at least an inch since I got it. :)
Wisteria is growing very fast; after I planted it in the substrate I had 2 new stems sprouting up within a week! (I heard it was slow growing)
Java Moss is still kind of iffy. Some brown spots and growing pretty slow for moss.
After plucking leaves the "Crappy Sagittaria" is now doing very good. :) So is the baby sag. Both are growing at a steady rate.
C. pontederiifolia are perking up. When they were delivered and first put in the tank they stayed low to the ground. Now I have a few new leaves and they are gradually getting taller!
Finally, my Pygmy Chain sword is recovering. When it gt delivered the tips of its leaves were yellow. But besides that, the plants are holding up well and hopefully in the midst of shooting runners. :)

After 3 deaths my CPDs are settled in and doing fine. I plan on upping their school again when I get home from a vacation in 10 days. (I leave tomorrow..)
My 2 fire reds are doing wonderful: exploring, hanging on leaves, my female has a saddle so hopefully I have some babies soon. :ROFLMAO:
Snails are snails. Reproducing like freakin' CRAZY.

Pics will be up later

Back
Top Bottom