proper way to bleach my aquarium?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SeymourFRESH

Aquarium Advice Freak
i just took my sick fish back to the store and i was going to sanitize my QT tank that i had it in (10 gal)

i heard bleach was a good method to use for that, i just want to make sure that none of the protozoans make it. is there a specific method any of you guys use to do this?

If you are going to drain the tank you could use a spray bottle mixed 5 parts water 1 part bleach otta do it just wear gloves and rinse well and use a declorinator when you refill. Or you could just leave the tank full poor in about quarter cup bleach let run for an hour drain rinse refill and declore. But I may be wrong I would wait for more opionions first P.S. soory to here about sick fishy but thats what the qt tank is for rite.

Neither salt nor vinegar will sanitize the way bleach will. Vinegar is good for removing mineral deposits. I use lots of bleach, and as mentioned let it circulate. Rinse well and your good to go. If your concerned, add some dechlor. If you clean with vinegar after the bleach that will neutralize the bleach also.

i agree with billd. nothing will sanitize or clean as well as bleach... just let the water run and refill, not much bleach should be needed as bleach is a strong chemical

Back
Top Bottom