Pros and cons of african dwarf frogs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Every fish to me gets boring haha that's why im always changing my stockings haha but African dwarf frogs are pretty cool! Sometimes they may sleep all day and other days they'll be more active than a zebra danio! it's fun to just watch them go around the tank and push themselves around, the only thing is its a little tricky to feed them but just google ways other people fed them to give you an idea on how you wanna do it

I own 2 adfs(African dwarf frogs), I find them to be extremely adorable and not boring at all. they do have poor eye sight which can make feeding them sometimes hard since they're not the cleverest of animals lol. I feed mine with a pair of aquarium safe tongs to hand wave the blood worms directly in their face. They can be taught though, when i want them to come out of hiding in order to feed them I simply tap the glass and they start swimming to the front of the tank. They're very hardy but not strong swimmers so please don't put them in deep water levels or anything with high water speeds, they can be shy but are actually known for being very entertaining. they also can be escape artist so make sure you have a secure lid/cover to the tank. like I said before they have poor eyesight so have been known to swallow small things in the tank then dying from not being able to digest it, they also have sometimes been known to hide under heavy/large objects in the tank and getting stuck under it. they're extremely easy to care for though, good beginner frog, makes a great unique touch to a tank, and when kept in good conditions they will sing, mate, socialize and be active. In my opinion not boring at all.

Back
Top Bottom