Psycho Khuli Loaches

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

martiniduck

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a 10 gallon tank with 2 mollies, 2 neons, and 2 khuli loaches. The khulis spend all day going up and down the side of the glass as though they are looking for a way out. Is this tank too small or is this normal behavior for them, Tested the water it is fine. Ammonia=0, nitrite=0, and nitrate=10. I do weekly water changes and remove 45% of the water. I am considering getting 2 more neons or 1 more khuli.

100% kuhli being a kuhli.

you can get atleast 10 more kuhlis in there with no issues.

My Kuhli's do the EXACT same thing, they are just playing. I have 6 of them and it is REALLY crazy when you get about 3 of them chasing eachother in a circle up and down the glass lol! Yeah, get some more! It's like Crazy Town when you feed them! HAHA!

Mine were very active but since they moved into the bigger tank they have been hiding, I catch a face or tail every now and then.

What kind of kuhlis do you have? banded or blacks? You are 30minutes down the road from me I live off 31 and all we have up here are blacks, id like to find some banded's.

i would love to have bandeds but my lfs only sells black.ive been wanting some soo bad

I can get the banded ones but they are special order and they want an order of atleast a dozen. I just want half a dozen to mix with the others which I hope are still alive.

I've got two blacks and three banded khulis. The blacks hide under a rock most of the time, usually only coming out for food. The banded khulis are nuts. They have no problem swimming over, around, and on top of my 8" pictus cat and my 8.5" raphael cat. I love it when fish have personalities.

By the way, if you're in the Chicagoland area, Animal Island on about 145th and Cicero regularly stocks banded khulis. I got mine 3 for $8.00 there.

I've got two blacks and three banded khulis. The blacks hide under a rock most of the time, usually only coming out for food. The banded khulis are nuts. They have no problem swimming over, around, and on top of my 8" pictus cat and my 8.5" raphael cat. I love it when fish have personalities.

By the way, if you're in the Chicagoland area, Animal Island on about 145th and Cicero regularly stocks banded khulis. I got mine 3 for $8.00 there.

145th and 50(cicero) is about 3-4 hours from me on the times I can get down there, I will call them tonight and see if they will ship them locally. Never hurts to ask.

3 for 8 bucks is cheap, My blacks cost me 2$ a fish.

How far from orland/tinley is this place? Like 294/80 intersection distance.

I have black ones. Those are the only ones I find around here. The banded ones are nice. Don't think I would drive to Cicero for them.

It's about 10-15 minutes from Orland-Tinley area. (I live right on the border.) If you get off 294 at 127th/Pulaski (Don't remember which street the highway exits on.), you're right there too.

Back
Top Bottom