Puffer fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tategrant

Aquarium Advice Freak
I went to a small pet store and saw this small puffer fish. It was green an dotted I was wondering if it would fit in my 10 gallon tank?

They get really big. He would only be able to stay in there for so long. 10 gallons is not enough for his whole life.

It depends upon which species of puffer that it is. If it's a dwarf puffer then a 10g will be a suitable home for it. If it's a green spotted puffer they require at least a 30g and eventually marine water.

It depends upon which species of puffer that it is. If it's a dwarf puffer then a 10g will be a suitable home for it. If it's a green spotted puffer they require at least a 30g and eventually marine water.

I might upgrade my tank soon so is it okay to get him? And I'm setting up a saltwater tank too lol perfect

First post a pic of the puffer you are considering. Helps to know the fish you are considering since there are many puffers that are "green an dotted", each requiring different water condition.

First post a pic of the puffer you are considering. Helps to know the fish you are considering since there are many puffers that are "green an dotted", each requiring different water condition.

I'm not at the store

Back
Top Bottom