Puffer fish not in good condition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alec18

Aquarium Advice Activist
So my dwarf puffer is in a 10 gallon with one other female and she is super skinny and always lays on the floor and doesn't attempt to swim away from me anymore. I don't have plants in there yet so it bare but I needed to get them out of my community tank. I got plants today and frozen bloodworms instead of freeze dried. Does anyone know what's wrong? I'm going to try to hand feed her in a bowl. Please help its making me sad.

Has she eaten at all?
How many puffers are in the tank?
What is ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate?

Has she eaten at all?
How many puffers are in the tank?
What is ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate?

No. She's in a bowl and I'm putting blood worms right by her mouth with tweezers. I'm not sure the parameters but I know they are good cuz I just had them checked today.

Don't put her in a bowl. That won't help. No heat or filtration in a bowl. You might need to start using live foods for her.

Don't put her in a bowl. That won't help. No heat or filtration in a bowl. You might need to start using live foods for her.

I'm not leaving her in there it's just so she can get food without the other eating it first but it's not working

Do you have a breeding net? She's worse off in a bowl. Puffers are sensitive fish. Being in a bowl is going to be worse for her health than being in the tank. You're going to need to buy a variety of live foods and a breeding net tomorrow, IMO.

Get some live blood worms, pond snails, whatever. They do good with moving foods.

Do you have a breeding net? She's worse off in a bowl. Puffers are sensitive fish. Being in a bowl is going to be worse for her health than being in the tank. You're going to need to buy a variety of live foods and a breeding net tomorrow, IMO.

Get some live blood worms, pond snails, whatever. They do good with moving foods.

I have a three way breeder thing

Might be okay. Could you please move her into that so she can be in the main tank?
Have you tried feeding her any live foods?

Hi!

What are your extract levels for ammonia, nitrite, and nitrates? How often do you do water changes and much water do you change? What sort of filtration do you have? How long has the tank been set up?

Hi!

What are your extract levels for ammonia, nitrite, and nitrates? How often do you do water changes and much water do you change? What sort of filtration do you have? How long has the tank been set up?

My levels I'm not sure but they are what theyre suppose to be at I know that. And I do water changes every two weeks

I can't find her. I have about twenty snails in there is it possible she was eaten overnight?

My levels I'm not sure but they are what theyre suppose to be at I know that. And I do water changes every two weeks

You should do water changes every week. Puffers are messy fish. Can you go test the water and report back?

This is a recent though. She's been fine up till these last couple weeks.

It's possible she's changed her mind and will only take live foods.

If you want her to live (if she hasn't been eaten like you are thinking) I would try some live foods.

You should do water changes every week. Puffers are messy fish. Can you go test the water and report back?

I ran out of water conditioner and didn't have money for new bottle. Idid one yesterday though. I can't find her anywhere

Back
Top Bottom