Puffer fish question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AR15 guy

Aquarium Advice Freak
I purchased one of these guys http://chunkypuff.net/speciesinfo.php?cat=3&id=nigroviridis recently and put him in my 29 gallon fresh. I have slowly been adding Instant Ocean to the tank. Still very low salinity levels. I would like to put him in my 10 gallon saltwater tank. According to that sight I can put him in up to 1.022. Think I can? Or would he be happier around 1.004 or something low like that?

Eventually, the puffer will be happy in 1.022, but for now being in freshwater it's best to increase the salinity slowly. I've always read it's best to increase the salinity no more than .002 per week. I believe you want to aim for 1.022 by the time the puffer is around 4-5". :)

I was reading up on the "common spotted puffer" and noticed they get around 6-7''. Which is cool. He is now my favoritefish since my gramma died. I have had two SW fish die really fast....if this keeps up I am not sure what I am going to do. But the puffer is cool. I may get a couple mono's to add with him.

Back
Top Bottom