Puffer Problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BKBamBam

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have 100 Gallon Brackish tank
2 Knight Gobe's
3 Monodactulus Sabea's
2 Green Spotted Puffers
1 Figure 8

I've noticed recently that my Figure 8 and one of the Green Spotted Puffers are staying at the top of tank. They dont look stressed and seem to be breathing fine. Just for insurance I put a second water filter to turn up the water more and there is good distance between the filter and water level so it works well. I also have 2 Airstones. Im cycling the tank 5 times and hr. I also did a 20% WC yesterday and nothing has changed. One of my puffers is super happy swims through all the bushes and looks like he is having a blast but im concerned for the other two. No one is attacking eachother, there is plenty of space and plants and rock formations to keep them entertained. I'm at a loss. Everything checked out on my water test kit but I'm going to take a sample to my fish store just to verify. Would anyone know what could cause this? All my other fish are very happy. The puffers do sleep at the bottom but once I turn on the light 2 of the puffers just swim to the top and literally do nothing all day. Its been 3 days now. They both eat still too.

Yes there eating. I noticed today they seemed a lot better. Both there bellies were white and they were swimming around and having a good time. One of then however has gone black again which I know is from stress but I'm not sure why the other two are very happy now and he was earlier. There not going after each other and there is nothing else in the tank that should make hime stress its a 100G

Back
Top Bottom