puffer problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lmao, yeah they mistake me too, especially when I'm trying to say my name to and old person, I often get mistaked for a black guy too..

Hi guys, update. Iam moving on to keeping dwarf puffers. They are really tiny here when they sell it, like 8mm or so maybe 1cm. I wonder how is a fish that size going to eat snails or bloodworms? Lol it seems like a ridiculous question, but Iam afraid of fish not eating

Dwarf puffers do not get overgrown teeth. You can feed anything meaty since snails are not required. If the snail is too big then maybe the DP wont eat it. This would be beneficial since pond snails reproduce to make tiny snails for your DP to constantly hunt :) for light snacks throughout the day. However a DP can take on a much larger snail by biting at the the meat only and killing the snail. Take out the leftovers if this happens.

2 dwarfs can be in a 10g with an attempt to add dwarf shrimps such as red cherry shrimps as tankmates.

Cherry shrimp seem way too small... they are only 1-2cm long, won't they get attack?

Its a risk to lose all cherry shrimps, but you can try it if you want tankmates. The baby shrimps would be great for hunting just like the pest pond snails

Dwarf puffers suck the snail out of its' shell. It is not a good idea to keep more than one unless the tank is very well planted and has plenty of hiding spaces. While they are young they may not bother each other or other fish but when they mature they will attack each other and anything else they see as a threat. Another poster on here tried to keep other fish with theirs against advice and soon ended up with a tank full of injured fish. They can be really mean to other tank inhabitants. I did keep ramshorn snails and ghost shrimp with mine. The ghost shrimp survived and the baby snails fed him.

Just settled for 3DPs in a planted tank. They are babies now. All 3 males. Only 1cm now, 1 of them is less

3 puffer because 1 is for me to raise till maturity. My friend wants Mr to while he cycle

Update: my new planted tank with 2 puffer, 2 oto, 2 goby

ForumRunner_20131216_101307.jpg

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20131216_101250.jpg
    ForumRunner_20131216_101250.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 59
Yea. So do Otos

Sent from my LG-P880 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom