Puffer tank planting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Patten

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am starting a puffer tank, and I prefer live plants. What is a good low lighting plant I could use for the tank?

In my 29 gallon i have anubias and that is doing great. I'm useing a LED lighting system so i obviously need low light plants. Java moss and java fern can grow in any type of lighting as long as you have some type of CO2 system or liquid CO2. Anubias doesn't require any CO2 system but will grow faster with it. Once you get a small carpet of java moss growing it will become a weed that keeps growing and will add alot of nature to your aquarium. All the plants i mentioned prefer to be planted on either driftwood, rock, or any aquarium decoration. Like all plants you will need a liquid fertilizer. Good luck.

In my 29 gallon i have anubias and that is doing great. I'm useing a LED lighting system so i obviously need low light plants. Java moss and java fern can grow in any type of lighting as long as you have some type of CO2 system or liquid CO2. Anubias doesn't require any CO2 system but will grow faster with it. Once you get a small carpet of java moss growing it will become a weed that keeps growing and will add alot of nature to your aquarium. All the plants i mentioned prefer to be planted on either driftwood, rock, or any aquarium decoration. Like all plants you will need a liquid fertilizer. Good luck.

Java fern/moss don't 'need' co2. Many plants do better with co2, but systems can get pricy. If you do want co2, you can always DIY. Check YouTube on how to make your own system.

I decided to redesign my tank. I got some rock and made a cavern type area. The little guys seem to love it! :)

Attachments

• image-247506390.jpg
    image-247506390.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 87
Some cryptocoryne species are pretty hardy and can be acclimated to brackish water along with your puffers.

Back
Top Bottom