Pufferpunk is Published! TFH

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TankGirl

Aquarium Advice Addict
Everyone needs to go out and get the most recent Tropical Fish Hobbyist magazine, the August issue, and flip to page 122 to find our own Pufferpunk (aka Jeni C. Tyrell) and her article on trimming puffer teeth. This is a long overdue primer on this necessary maintenance duty for puffer owners, and I am thrilled to see it in print.

So lets give our props to Pufferpunk on a job well done, as she joins the ranks of (to name only a very few) Ad Konings, Jack Wattley and Rhonda Wilson as contributors to TFH. (y)

Just read the article. I think its great there is now an article on trimming puffers teeth. Kudos for Pufferpunk!

Shucks, thank guys! :kiss: This is actually my 2nd article w/TFH. I also wrote one on GSPs for their Feb. issue. Even better yet--if you can get your hands on the Encyclopedia of Exotic Tropical Fishes, I wrote all the puffer profiles. I'm up there w/Axelrod now... :D Well... not quite. :clown:

How did I miss the Feb article? Luckily I don't throw these mags out so off I go to rummage...

BillD said:
Gee, a good reason not to get a puffer,LOL, but congrats, on the article and the others.

Read her articles, view her tanks and visit her site, and trust me, you'll want a puffer! :D

Most puffers, if fed properly, will never need this done. The 2 species mentioned in the article, C asellus & A modestus, are the only ones that need this done regularly, no matter how many snails you give them.

Okay, I've Googled GSP and come up with German Shorthaired Pointers. :biglol: That can't be right?!

Anyway, forgive my ignorance.

Congratulations Pufferpunk!

Doesn't it stand for green spotted puffer? Or in sw, it's the green star polyps. lol

Back
Top Bottom